Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:15 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,761,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex S. View Post
Hi everybody!
Just moved from Florida to Santa Fe along with wife and kids and I've been looking for something to do in terms of working.Anything to start with is good.My last job was in warehouse shipping cases all over North Florida.If you know something gimme a holler!
Thanks,
Alex S.
You might try Sam's Club for starters with your warehouse experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 09:21 PM

15 posts, read 34,926 times
Office max is looking for good people. Associates and an assistant mgr

Old 10-20-2010, 01:41 AM

2 posts, read 3,811 times
Ok,thanks everybody for all those tips.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:05 AM

10 posts, read 26,176 times
Default Santa Fe job market (retail/customer service)

I've been looking into moving to Santa Fe this coming summer and I had a few questions in regards to employment in the area. I'm 21 and beyond my diploma have received no additional education. I've primarily worked retail jobs for the last 5 years, including having worked at a grocery store through high school, having been a vendor for an organic food company when I lived in Washington, and most recently I have been the assistant manager at a gas station for the last 2 years. Given my work experience and level of education, I have 2 questions.

Firstly, how is the job market for entry level positions working retail/customer service? I'm from/currently living in Montana and with our sparse population jobs of that nature are typically at least fairly easy to come by. Santa Fe's unemployment numbers compare to where I'm currently at but I'm interested in this particular segment of the job market.

And secondly, would the fact that I'm not bilingual affect my ability to work in either of those capacities in Santa Fe?

I appreciate any answers anyone has for me, thank you in advance.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:05 PM

6 posts, read 11,178 times
It seems to me that the jobs that people your age usually do are coveted by late 20's and 30-somethings in Santa Fe.
You should be able to find that type of work here, turn enough stones and you'll be there.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:46 AM

149 posts, read 358,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCreature View Post
It seems to me that the jobs that people your age usually do are coveted by late 20's and 30-somethings in Santa Fe.
You should be able to find that type of work here, turn enough stones and you'll be there.
mmm...I don't know about that in Santa Fe...my neice is considering moving out of there as she says that a retail job in Santa Fe or pretty much any job in general has lots of competition from perspective applicants since minimum wage is over $10.00 per hour and the demand to move there outpaces those leaving.

I agree, the OP would have to turn over a lot of stones in Santa Fe...according to my niece that is...

Old 03-03-2011, 10:39 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,990,956 times
I'm in the same boat. Sort of.

I am 25. I DO have a degree in Finance. I have a plethora of retail/customer service experience. Looking to move out of New Jersey into a state that has beautiful weather and has a steadily growing economy.

Right now, I am considering San Antonio, Texas; Raleigh, North Carolina and Santa Fe, New Mexico.

I have to decide and will be out of New Jersey by January 2012. I love being a Jersey girl, but its way too expensive to live here.

I am going to DM you Alastor.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:08 AM

15 posts, read 34,926 times
Office Max is looking to hire an Asst Mgr

Old 03-13-2011, 12:06 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,761,354 times
Alastor, one does not need to be bilingual in your line of work in SF. Good luck with your job search.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:05 PM

23 posts, read 83,120 times
I think it helps to be bilingual in searching for a job in SF. I wasn't asked ( and I'm not bilingual) but some people have told me that they are asked if they speak Spanish. For me I've muddled by, but it would be easier if I spoke Spanish. I notice especially when I go into Target or K-mart here, seems like most of the employees speak Spanish. Not so much in a lot of the other bigger stores though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe