Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2009, 10:41 AM

88 posts, read 327,372 times

Advertisements

We are driving up through Santa Fe and will only be there for one afternoon. We should arrive around lunch time (so restaurant suggestions would be nice!) and will have an afternoon to sight-see. We will also be there for dinner. We are staying at a hotel on the square. Please can you give me detailed ideas on what should do! We are traveling with two little kids (2.5 years and 4 months and an older grandma with a lot of energy). Thanks so much and I can't wait to finally see your town! It looks so beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 11:14 AM

137 posts, read 474,595 times
Lucky you!
Downtown you can see lots of museums and fine art galleries. Loretta Chapel is lovely. Wander into some hotels and have a cocktail! You can literally spend an entire day downtown just walking around. Try to go off the plaza for churches/ museums/ galleries so you don't have to drive and worry about parking. Love Georgia O'Keefe museum and the galleries and jewelry shops.
Advice is to pick up a tourist walking tour guide. This should be available in your hotel or in downtown establishments. Also ask your hotel what is closeby and they will advise you of great places.
Have lunch/ dinner and try real New Mexican chile!! Go for Christmas so you get both red and green. And if you are not into chile, you are warned that it can be hot! There are so many great restaurants, just choose one with lots of people and you can't go wrong!
Have fun and next time stay for a few nights so you can see Hyde Park and other great sites.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:23 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,610,948 times
If you are with children, I suggest starting out with the Cowgirl Hall of Fame for lunch. They have an outdoor kid's corral, where the kids can play.

You should then follow that up by going to the Children's Museum, and then if you have time, maybe a drive up to the Ski Resort and hike around the mountains.

Return to your hotel room, freshen up, then go out onto the Plaza and check out all the shops.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:48 AM

293 posts, read 971,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
If you are with children, I suggest starting out with the Cowgirl Hall of Fame for lunch. They have an outdoor kid's corral, where the kids can play.
Vinegaroon, is the Cowgirl Hall of Fame the same as the Cowgirl BBQ restaurant on Guadalupe? If so, where's the outdoor corral? I've had dinner there a few times but haven't seen any kids. I'd love to take my kids if there's somewhere for them to play.

Also... I second the Children's Museum recommendation. It's a very fun place for toddlers/preschoolers.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:56 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,610,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynanthus View Post
Vinegaroon, is the Cowgirl Hall of Fame the same as the Cowgirl BBQ restaurant on Guadalupe? If so, where's the outdoor corral? I've had dinner there a few times but haven't seen any kids. I'd love to take my kids if there's somewhere for them to play.

Also... I second the Children's Museum recommendation. It's a very fun place for toddlers/preschoolers.
That is the same place. The outdoor corral is located right off the bar. Just ask a hostess when you enter if there is a table open at the kid's corral.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:57 AM

293 posts, read 971,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
That is the same place. The outdoor corral is located right off the bar. Just ask a hostess when you enter if there is a table open at the kid's corral.
Thanks!

Old 06-03-2009, 08:47 AM

88 posts, read 327,372 times
Super ideas! Keep 'em coming! : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe