Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2009, 07:12 PM

7,330 posts, read 12,404,151 times

Advertisements

Looking at American Eagle's new Santa Fe-Dallas flight, the service is looking to be a success. I know American Eagle is planning a route to Los Angeles on November 19, and I have heard rumors of them adding a second Dallas flight.

So, with the apparent succes of American Eagle's new flights, could the Santa Fe airport be ready for more service in the future? Perhaps Delta Connection (SkyWest) might consider a Santa Fe-Salt Lake City flight. United Express might also reinstate the Santa Fe-Denver service that was discontinued by Great Lakes Airlines in early 2008. This will give Santa Fe residents a more convenient option than flying out of the Albuquerque International Sunport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 08:28 AM

332 posts, read 1,037,542 times
Packed planes help American Eagle commit to its Santa Fe-to-Dallas flights Here's today's story on the DFW and future LAX flights. Great news for citizens, tourists and businesspeople.
Of course it'd be excellent to add those other locations you mention, although I remember that Denver flight was very expensive and very bumpy!

Old 07-23-2009, 10:13 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,204,818 times
It appears Roswell and Santa Fe are getting the same service at about the same time.

Anything to keep visitors off the highways...

Old 07-23-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santafescribe View Post
Packed planes help American Eagle commit to its Santa Fe-to-Dallas flights Here's today's story on the DFW and future LAX flights. Great news for citizens, tourists and businesspeople.
Of course it'd be excellent to add those other locations you mention, although I remember that Denver flight was very expensive and very bumpy!
United Express might as well operate the route with their own regional jets instead of codesharing with Great Lakes Airlines using little 19-seat turboprops.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:23 PM

Well, it looks like the rumors of American Eagle starting a second Santa Fe to Dallas flight have become a reality:
American Eagle Airlines Announces Additional Flight to New Mexico's Capital (http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/07-27-2009/0005066786&EDATE - broken link)=

However, I am curious about one thing. I wonder why American Eagle didn't have the second flight remain in Santa Fe overnight and depart to Dallas-Fort Worth the next morning. I think if this were done, it would be more convenient for people going to the East Coast and to Europe.

Also, the flights will now be operated by 50-seat Embraer ERJ-145 regional jets, instead of the current 44-seat ERJ-140 regional jets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe