Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2010, 10:15 AM

46 posts, read 91,965 times

Advertisements

Like everyone else, I have too little time to take care of our cars.

I used to wash my car at least weekly, but back then I had access to a garden hose and some shade. Where I live now, I only have the shade, with the accompanying bird poop (park under trees ).

I've tried some of the coin-operated self-service washes around, and it seems like I spend more time popping in handfulls of quarters, still never achieving the results I would get with a simple garden hose and a bucket of soap.

Since we're poor students, it's just too much $$$ to use the good full-service washes like touch-of-class on 41 very often (although we love those guys).

Can anyone suggest something in Bradenton/SRQ that they have used and is a better solution?

My poor car hasn't even been waxed in over 18 months, and it's driving me CRAZY!!!! I feel like a bad "parent," daily exposure to Florida sun, and no wax!

Thanks,
Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 10:45 AM

70 posts, read 217,002 times
Have you tried the automated car-wash where you pop in $5-$10 and drive through? I know there are a couple on Manatee Ave. just west of I75 (exit 220), at the same places that have the coin operated hoses, and I'm sure there are plenty more all over the place. I've been satisfied with the results, but I'm not very picky. Apologies if this is what you meant by "coin-operated self-service washes", I read that as meaning the coin operated hoses.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:28 PM

201 posts, read 636,576 times
blue Dolphin

a few drive through touchless are farily good...like 17th and Honore at the service station.....near the Meadows...I go there a lot because I own a house right down the street and it's convenient......try the one at Cattlemen and Fruitville as well........also a car wash on
Cortez near 41 near the Marshall or TJ Maxx on the south side of Cortez.....another on SR 70 and I 75 in the BP station does a pretty good job as well........another on SR 70 east of 75 behind the banks on the north side of SR 70.............full service on 301 at about 17th st near the HOb Nob....
another at Clark near the interstate as well......

then there is Johnnys on 41 south at bee ridge.....full service and a ripoff

there are tons around

Old 09-03-2010, 08:46 PM

46 posts, read 91,965 times
Thanks for the quick responses, but I guess that I'm too picky. The drive-thru ones don't do a good enough job for me (need to keep this car at least 10 years). And, I can't afford the Johnny's or Blue Dolphins of the world very often. LOL.

Guess I need to buy some beer for my friends that have driveways, LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area