Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:15 PM

216 posts, read 564,849 times

Advertisements

Hello All,
My wife and I have recently returned from SW Florida. Great trip, we love the heat! During our time there, we put a deposit on a very nice pool home in North Port Charlotte Estates (the area just north of I-75 off Toledo Blade). We have been searching for a horse property in Lee and Charlotte Counties for a while and just happened to stumble across this home on 3 acres. We think we got a good deal at 180,000. Of course as we returned home to Connecticut the doubt started in. I have been visiting my family for 11 years now in Cape Coral and it has become my second home. The Cape took a severe beating the past few years but i am still comfortable with the area and know it quite well. Same as with certain areas of Ft. Myers, Sanibel, Pine Island etc. I know not much of North Port except what i've driven through and seen. My sister, who had been in real estate in the Cape for a few years said we made a great choice. I would love to hear anyones opinion of North Port, good or bad, to maybe help us as the clock is ticking!!
Thanks, Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 09:54 PM

385 posts, read 1,159,748 times
This sounds like something your losing sleep over It's a natural process you are going through, the anxiety and all, like buyers remorse.... even though it's not official yet. I don't live in NP myself, but there are many people on this board who love it. It sounds like you did come across quite a deal, and it has features like land area your looking for. I'm sure you hear from some NP residents shortly. If you feel like you still need convincing after that, I would go with your instincts.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:23 AM

473 posts, read 1,168,302 times
I 2nd angelfish sentiments. You got a deal be happy :-) and now to talk up NP .. que the music for SoFLGal in 1, 2 and 3... LOL

Old 05-08-2010, 05:44 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,928,205 times
Tada! Here I am Beerme

Well, I don't know the specifics on the home you are purchasing-square footage, year built, condition, etc. Here's what I can tell you, the average home in the estates in the last three months is-2367 under air, Listed for $259,885 and sold for $233,414. The average selling price per square foot is 98.77.

I live in North Port and really like it. It's close to I-75 for an easy commute to Sarasota, lots of wildlife, not far from the beaches, reasonably priced and family friendly.

Good luck with your new home and welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 05-08-2010, 05:57 AM

3 posts, read 7,274 times
i moved to gulf cove in 04 from west palm and i love it here. i had a business that had us driving daily through north port and i gotta tell you, you made a very good choice. i love it when you get out towards the end of sumter and tropicare. ahhhhhhhhhhh how sweet it is. beautiful land. i hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:33 AM

216 posts, read 564,849 times
Hi and a big thank you to all who have answered our post so far - please keep the feedback coming. My husband who wrote initially is having tremendous anxiety about how far we will be from boat launches and beaches - can anyone tell us about local boat launches please? We're also curious about horse trails around Chamberlain/Tropicaire - where are they located? How close is the closest beach? Does anyone have knowledge of elder homecare and/or excellent assisted living/nursing homes in the area? Has anyone heard of the PACE program? Does anyone work at Geo Group in Arcadia or hear feedback on the work environment there?

Old 05-08-2010, 04:44 PM

425 posts, read 1,105,361 times
Default North Port

we bought in a 55 park in North Port and just love it!!!!!!
we are still very part time and dont get to spend alot of time down there but the time we do spend is wonderful.
We are in Ct. also, what part are you in?
Tell the hubby not to worry, I am married to a worry wart too
we did alot of research before we bought and are very pleased with our purchase.
SoFlaGal is a peach and a wealth of information, best wishes and good luck

Old 05-09-2010, 09:54 AM

28 posts, read 53,846 times
I love being in North Port. Everything is close, within about 20 minutes. I have not been out on the water but I'm sure there are docks close and more being built I think. Englewood beaches are quite close like I said about 20 minutes from where I live.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,068 times
There are multiple boat launches in North Port, Port Charlotte, and Venice areas. There are acceptable beaches in Englewood, and Venice, and even nicer ones in Sarasota, Fort Myers, and Boca Grande, all not far and within about 30-40 minutes. Historically North Port government has been anti-business, and while over the last few years it has been relaxing some toward business and expanding, it is still not the friendliest toward businesses. The US Chamber of commerce rated the court system in Florida in the top ten worst for good reason, but Sarasota County seems a little bit better than many others, and North Port is in Sarasota County.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:36 AM

84 posts, read 203,078 times
I have friends in the estates who moved due to the tax prices. I would suggest looking into them. From my understanding it is high. NP is a good area though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area