Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2010, 11:30 AM

3 posts, read 3,946 times

Advertisements

I am looking for an active adult community in the Tampa Bay area as a permanent residence. Anyone familiar with South Shore Falls in Apollo Beach and if you are what can you say about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 12:41 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,344,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebumps View Post
I am looking for an active adult community in the Tampa Bay area as a permanent residence. Anyone familiar with South Shore Falls in Apollo Beach and if you are what can you say about it?
I assume you've asked in the Tampa forum, but I will give you the same answer I would either way: talk to a real estate agent. It's their job to know this sort of thing. Anything you'll hear here could very well be helpful, but it would be very subjective and merely anecdotal.

Talk to an agent. God knows they need the work, whether you're renting or buying.

Good luck.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:22 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Post in the Tampa forum - there are a few threads there. Also use the search. I visited that community - opted for Valencia Lakes instead - didn't want to be in a flood zone.

What exactly are you "worried" about?

Old 11-24-2010, 06:59 AM

3 posts, read 3,946 times
We also looked at Valencia Lakes and I liked the houses better than South Shore Falls. The community didn't seem to be very active which is what we are looking for. How do you like living there and do you feel like your expectations for a life style are being met?

Old 11-24-2010, 08:26 AM

164 posts, read 356,150 times
Quote:
We also looked at Valencia Lakes and I liked the houses better than South Shore Falls. The community didn't seem to be very active which is what we are looking for. How do you like living there and do you feel like your expectations for a life style are being met?
I will chime in as my brother and SIL moved from the Detroit area to Valencia Lakes last May and absolutely love it! They are younger retirees (59 and 56) and they felt very welcomed, have met alot of people, take advantage of alot of the awesome activities (you can be as busy...or not... as you want to be), and are very happy with their decision to move there. Also, my SIL's mother (80+ yrs old) moved in with them in July and she is thrilled with the people she has met and the clubs she has joined. I have visited a couple of times and I think it is a gorgeous area. When I turned 55 in September, my SIL announced that I am now qualified to purchase a home there...lol...and I definitely would consider it if not for my husband needing a larger lot for an outbuilding (he works on sports cars). So, I would give it a big thumbs up! Good luck with your decision!

Old 11-25-2010, 06:59 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue in Ohio View Post
I will chime in as my brother and SIL moved from the Detroit area to Valencia Lakes last May and absolutely love it! They are younger retirees (59 and 56) and they felt very welcomed, have met alot of people, take advantage of alot of the awesome activities (you can be as busy...or not... as you want to be), and are very happy with their decision to move there. Also, my SIL's mother (80+ yrs old) moved in with them in July and she is thrilled with the people she has met and the clubs she has joined. I have visited a couple of times and I think it is a gorgeous area. When I turned 55 in September, my SIL announced that I am now qualified to purchase a home there...lol...and I definitely would consider it if not for my husband needing a larger lot for an outbuilding (he works on sports cars). So, I would give it a big thumbs up! Good luck with your decision!

Sue how are you and Randy doing? I know you were close to concluding things for a move down here before things went "South". Any progress in that area? When will you guys becoming down again?

Old 11-25-2010, 07:42 PM

164 posts, read 356,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Sue how are you and Randy doing? I know you were close to concluding things for a move down here before things went "South". Any progress in that area? When will you guys becoming down again?
Thanks for asking! Unfortunately, nothing new to report. I have just begun corresponding with another possible buyer for my business. Also, the original buyer may get their financial backing reinstated after the first of the year, so will see what transpires. We are very bummed to spend another winter here in Ohio. We keep saying, "we were supposed to be in Florida by now."

We were at our timeshare on Lido Beach the first two weeks of this month and Randy had to practically shove me in the car to come home. We may come down again for a week near the end of January.

Sorry to OP for going off-topic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area