Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 05:43 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times

Advertisements

Sarah,

Yes, I am. Hawk's Harbor is actually in Bradenton. Many of the homes are on deep water sailboat access overlooking Sarasota Bay. Some of the homes are on Crystal Canal. It's a very small gated community with homes on Hawks Harbor Cir and Bowlees CV. Homes prices in Hawks Harbor range from $550k to over a million. I believe the schools are Bayshore Elementary, Harlee Middle and Bayshore High. HOA fees are $425 quarterly. Most of the homes were built in 2002 or newer.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. You can ask me here or by DM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 06:06 AM

360 posts, read 1,909,596 times
With both their helpful, friendly and outgoing personalities and genuine sweetness towards people, Shannon (SoFLGal) reminds me of HGTV'S Sandra Rinomato whenever I watch her show lol. I would think you've helped so many people in their decisions about the area and where to move over the years SoFlGal and thank you for being a vital member here.

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee466/fringedNfab/sandrarinomato.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-12-2011, 06:19 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FringedNFab View Post
With both their helpful, friendly and outgoing personalities and genuine sweetness towards people, Shannon (SoFLGal) reminds me of HGTV'S Sandra Rinomato whenever I watch her show lol. I would think you've helped so many people in their decisions about the area and where to move over the years SoFlGal and thank you for being a vital member here.
Aww...you're so sweet Fringed. I'm hoping sometime I'll get to meet you in person. Are you in town now?

Old 02-12-2011, 06:44 AM

360 posts, read 1,909,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Aww...you're so sweet Fringed. I'm hoping sometime I'll get to meet you in person. Are you in town now?
I was in Englewood a couple weeks back and decided to catch a sunset on the beach there. It had been nice down here and Spring/Summer-like for weeks now, what happened??? lol I would love to come to one of the meetups sometime and personally meet everyone. As far as advice for anyone looking to move down, the information on here from everyone was so helpful but to really form your own opinion about a place, you have to be here yourself for a bit and for me, I fell in love with the entire Sarasota County area and Englewood to Punta Gorda areas. North Port is nice too, and a bargain really and centralized to everything and no matter what city you live in around here, you're really minutes from everything either direction.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:47 AM

1 posts, read 711 times
Default Sarasota with kids?!

I currently live in Sarasota and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The dining is sub-par, the nightlife is absolutely non-existent and if you are looking for the relaxed feel of some European cities, I promise you that Sarasota is certainly not it. I have lived in two countries and many different states. Sarasota is far and away the the most inhospitable place I have ever lived. I myself am leaving as soon as possible.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:57 AM

39 posts, read 79,255 times
Personally I feel the Beaches on the West are so much nicer than the east. We love the Sarasota/Bradenton area. Can't wait to get down there for good.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:58 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark71 View Post
Personally I feel the Beaches on the West are so much nicer than the east. We love the Sarasota/Bradenton area. Can't wait to get down there for good.
Couldn't agree more!

Old 10-09-2011, 11:28 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Ft Lauderdale and all the surrounding areas have a lot more to offer for younger folks, IMO. Sure, the beaches are nicer on the west coast and it is not nearly as crowded, but activities for younger folks are more abundant in the Ft Lauderdale area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area