Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2011, 12:16 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,885,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
One time, several years ago, a friend related this story to me. He was sitting on the pot in his bathroom, newspaper in hand, when he was suddenly startled by a sloshing of the water beneath him. He sprang up, and found a SPARROW sloshing around in the toilet bowl! He scooped the bird out with a towel, took it outside and placed it on the sidewalk. The bird stayed for a couple of minutes, to gather its composure, and then flew off. My friend was told that the bird came in through the sewer vent. It's a good thing my friend had not yet finished his business when the bird appeared.
I'd say the bird would be better off it he hadn't STARTED his business!!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 09:21 PM

1 posts, read 782 times
when i was done taking a bath i open the drain i found a small frog it freaked me out what am im suppose to do

Old 05-23-2016, 06:52 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,071,773 times
Frogs like o hang out on the roof at night because it's warm and easier to catch bugs. Their problem is that when they jump on the sewer vent, it's not a flat surface and they fall in the pipe to the bottom. Easiest escape is to the toilet bowl. If you can't deal with a frog in the toilet, place a screen over all sewer vents or a vented sewer pipe cover.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:01 PM

16 posts, read 15,166 times
You gotta love living in Florida!
We have two cats who love hunting down the lizards that get in the pool cage. I'm guessing a frog in the bathroom wouldn't last too long!

Old 05-24-2016, 01:07 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,838,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
I woke up one morning at 3 am for work, dressed in shorts and nothing else I went out the side door of the garage to have my morning smoke. As I breathed in the nice morning air a tree frog saw it fit to jump promptly onto the center of my chest. I think I woke the neighbors with my little girl like shreik...

I tend to not go outside that door anymore without looking, it's the same place I stepped on the black snake the year before. Gotta love Florida and it's Natural wonders.
BaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaa....that really made me laugh although it must have been really scary.....sorry.
I know this post is old but I'm commenting anyway LOL

Old 05-24-2016, 02:26 PM

704 posts, read 771,351 times
We had lived here about two weeks and I woke up in the middle of the night saw what turned out to be a frog in the corner of the bathroom. I didn't have my glasses on so I woke my husband because I couldn't tell what it was. He threw a towel over it and carried it outside. And then, a few days later I went out on the front porch (enclosed) and almost stepped on a black racer snake barefoot. I ran into the garage and shut the door and waited for my husband to get home. Interesting few days.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:54 PM

8,056 posts, read 4,639,344 times
Sweet dreams everyone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OTaIzBPxtk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OTaIzBPxtk

Old 05-24-2016, 07:36 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,440,844 times
We just had one in the timer for our pool equipment. Dang thing caused a short on the timer, threw the breaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area