Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 07:59 AM

53 posts, read 142,994 times

Advertisements

We had a tree like this when we were in Gainesville. It was a Hamlin orange and it produced incredible amounts of oranges - way up in Gainesville! We never propped them up or pulled any prior to them being ripe. We had navels and satsumas though that would weigh down the branches. We again, never did anything special and never had a limb break - they would sometimes be sitting on the ground though if they were lower branches.
We just moved down to the area and are hoping to have even greater success with fruit trees. Thrilled to hear your tree is doing so well!
While in Gainesville, we would order budwood from the state and graft on different varieties to make a "cocktail citrus" tree. It was always a lot of fun to see what would grow each year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 12:13 PM

2 posts, read 1,317 times
I joined the forum when the same thing happened to me although it was a mango and an avocado. Does anyone know how the product works. It must be doing something inside the tree.

Last edited by 9space; 06-18-2012 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: Just want to be clear.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:22 PM

279 posts, read 577,745 times
hmm, my orange tree has a bunch of slowly growing small fruit but my star fruit tree (carambola) is dripping with fruit! maybe my orange could use Atomic Grow? I'll check it out. I think the grapefruit tree is at the end of it's days but i don't know how to go about replacing it and I have a big avocado tree that hasn't produced anything yet. I really need to learn up on all this!

Old 06-18-2012, 05:41 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,199,428 times
Maybe some sort of growth hormone like the sports players used!

Old 06-19-2012, 06:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,317 times
I guess its o.k. to use if they say its organic. The website says to use fertilizer with it so its not a fertilizer. They talk about sugars. Maybe my trees needed sugar? I dont think its the same as table sugar though.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:10 AM

462 posts, read 1,707,391 times
It's supposed to be a growth enhancer. It keeps the leaves clean and bug free and allows the roots to grow big. It is NOT a fertilizer so you do need to fertilize which I do religiously. You have to around here...soil is just black sand! Things grow really well here but you have to feed them. All citrus are winter producers.

Oranges are small and green this time of year. They are growing and should be ready to eat around November/Dec

The season right now is for some avocado, lychee, mango, peaches, I guess star fruit, blueberries....otherwise it gets too hot for most things.

This is an exerpt from their website...hope this helps...I can't answer better than this:

"Atomic Grow is comprised of complexed sugars and horticultural oils that work hard to coat and soften leaf tissue. Leaves are the building blocks for a healthy plant and root system with higher brix levels and stress resistance. Atomic Grow angstrom sugars and fatty acids enhance transpiration and the plants ability to move moisture and nutrients. Many gardeners mix Atomic Grow with their favorite foliar fertilizers for enhanced carrying ability and transporting them quickly into the plant cells. Other gardeners use granular fertilizer and spray Atomic Grow by itself on the leaves for enhanced uptake and photosynthesis.

Home gardeners can feel safe and secure with our all-natural spray product. We have repackaged our agricultural concentrate to provide a much needed service to home gardeners across the nation. Fertilizer and good gardening practices are not always enough to make your home garden produce like the farming community. Now you can have the power of a true agricultural product that is safe and easy to use. Grow more vegetables and fruit naturally with our garden veggie booster Atomic Grow. Just 1 spray per week will raise brix levels and grow seriously large root systems. Result is sweeter produce and more of it. Clean healthy plants will allow your garden higher levels of production."

Last edited by ladyflyfsh; 06-19-2012 at 07:28 AM..

Old 06-20-2012, 05:25 AM

219 posts, read 677,051 times
Any one here know where I can purchase a Ponderosa Lemon tree ,Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area