Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 03:45 PM

166 posts, read 370,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantPalmerRanch View Post
Well my feeling and hunch is that it will be somewhere near Costco. Trader Joe's seems to be following a trend of being located near luxury car dealers. Acura, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mercedes are all in Palmer Ranch on Clark rd (Lakewood Ranch has none of that luxury). There's a Traders Joe's in Naples near these dealers. Therefore I assume TJ's will sooner or later be here. Good Educated hunch, no? Go figure, what does car's have to do with food??
Oh yeah, I can't count how many times I've been in Lakewood Ranch and said this area would be so much nicer if only it had the luxury of a car dealer on every corner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 04:27 PM

287 posts, read 590,075 times
It just so happens TJ's locate themselves within 10 miles of those dealers. Outside that distance is more crime and they will not locate there (lakewood ranch). They figure near the dealers is a safer investment.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:19 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantPalmerRanch View Post
It just so happens TJ's locate themselves within 10 miles of those dealers. Outside that distance is more crime and they will not locate there (lakewood ranch). They figure near the dealers is a safer investment.
And you know this how? I'm sorry but that's crazy. I would bet almost anything they will be going into one of Benderson's developments. Car dealers have nothing to do with groceries! LOLOL!!!

Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 PM

440 posts, read 1,053,045 times
What are you talking about? Your observation does not make any sense. Upscale car dealerships do not have anything to do with independent grocery stores except indicate where more income might be located. Having 3 Trader Joes near where I live up north, they are no where near the car dealerships and seem to be doing quite fine.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:09 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,889,568 times
The one in Madison, WI is no where near a car dealership either.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:00 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
As a reminder

Copyrighted Material - Instead of copying-and-pasting articles, photos, or other material you find on the Internet, you should be posting links to those articles. Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post.

Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults
. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:12 AM

Florida is located in the Southeast!!

And this link: http://www.traderjoes.com/pdf/locations/southeast.pdf

shows what I found to be true at all southeast TJ's.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:45 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,665,567 times
In the instance of the Greenville SC store, you're reading too much into the proximity between the two.

I live near the Greenville store, and while there are luxury dealerships within 10 miles of TJ, every new car dealership in the county is in that same area.

The dealers are clustered together in an older part of town, and aren't near the major shopping corridor where TJ is located (near Whole Foods and several upscale shopping centers).

Old 01-05-2012, 08:01 AM

Still it's nice to pinpoint where TJ's will be within 10 miles of.

With TJ's being rare in large Florida this is a good approximation tool.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:45 AM

38 posts, read 60,806 times
Other than in large cities, 10 miles is a long distance. And in a big city, it can take you 30 minutes to travel 10 miles. Here, in SW Florida, 10 miles takes you to an entirely different town - or to the middle of nowhere. So I guess "near" and "far" and the impact of something being 10 miles from something else is quite relative....even in the Southeast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area