Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 06:37 AM

683 posts, read 464,501 times

Advertisements

Is Lakewood Ranch a good area for a young single professional (20s) to live or is it mostly families with kids?

Also, how bad is it as far as crime (murders). The other posts regarding this issue have alot of personal crap thrown and it gets off topic.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 06:51 AM

287 posts, read 589,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzsaz View Post
Is Lakewood Ranch a good area for a young single professional (20s) to live or is it mostly families with kids?

Also, how bad is it as far as crime (murders). The other posts regarding this issue have alot of personal crap thrown and it gets off topic.

Thanks!
Murder Crime in LWR -Not the best and Not the worst.

Just east of 75 for professionals -look into Serenoa with no murders:

Serenoa Community Association

The many people we've met in Lakewood Ranch regret not being close to the beach.

Luv WPR

Old 03-15-2012, 07:36 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzsaz View Post

Thanks!
It depends on what you mean by a good area. I won't go thru all of the features of LWR (the info is available all over the web) but it certainly does offer most of the things people look for in a community. However, it is not for everyone (obviously) so it depends on what you want. My daughter is 25 and she decided to move to Atlanta because she thought it was boring here (the entire region) while I see many other single and married young people who can't wait to get here.

Some crime exists in Lakewood Ranch as it does everywhere else. There are more than 7500 homes here in a campus that is larger than Disneyworld's. It's a big place so it would be extremely difficult for it to have zero. However, for anyone to suggest that Lakewood Ranch is not safe in the normal understanding of the phrase is a gross exaggeration. It is best to rely on real information for these types of assessments, though. As you evaluate different areas, don't hesitate to contact the appropriate police or sheriff's office and ask them about it. They can and will help.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:43 PM

386 posts, read 1,015,114 times
I was once a young 20's professional and lived in Center City Philadelphia, as well as Manhattan. Of course it's highly subjective, but I would have been very bored to live in LWR in that phase of my life. I think maybe downtown Sarasota would be a better choice for you.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:34 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamrita View Post
I was once a young 20's professional and lived in Center City Philadelphia, as well as Manhattan. Of course it's highly subjective, but I would have been very bored to live in LWR in that phase of my life. I think maybe downtown Sarasota would be a better choice for you.
I don't want to make judgments for others but I think you are probably right. There's also the downtown area of Bradenton that has undergone a artsy revival. I think the areas around Main St and around the bars on Siesta Key (SKOB, etc.) would be best for those who want an active night life.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:52 PM

279 posts, read 577,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamrita View Post
i agree! i wouldn't want to live in the middle of suburban sub-division land at that time of my life! Depends on what you want out of life but I'd head down town!

Old 03-17-2012, 07:59 PM

398 posts, read 822,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantPalmerRanch View Post
Murder Crime in LWR -Not the best and Not the worst.

Just east of 75 for professionals -look into Serenoa with no murders:

Serenoa Community Association

The many people we've met in Lakewood Ranch regret not being close to the beach.

Luv WPR
1/2 acre lots 1/2 price homes in Serenoa. Lots of expenses that someone in their 20s may not want?

Old 03-18-2012, 08:20 PM

157 posts, read 389,298 times
if i was in my 20's siesta key all the way, I'm in my mid 30's and loving siesta life, great beach, coffee shops, bars and restaurants and live music, and not far from downtown for my culture and the shopping mall is across the bridge. Life is great!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area