Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2007, 05:48 PM

155 posts, read 1,052,845 times

Advertisements

Old man winter I want to thank you for your responses to some of my posts it is much apprieciated.

My question to you is are you aware of the apartments on Jacarnada Blvd, I think they are called Woodmere Apartments. I am thinking about moving down to Venice with my family 2 young children and wife. I want to know if these are nice apartments and are in a nice neighborhood and if you know what they cost? I am looking for family oriented environemnt for apartments and safe area as well as decent schools in area, any suggestions?

I probably can only afford 800-1000/month. I appreicate your help thanks.
Are there jobs in this area i do customer service, office work or is it tough to get full time work there? Any crime in this area of Jacaranda? Thanks for your help.

JunoAqua
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 04:40 AM

65 posts, read 248,504 times
Default Venice

There are apartments off of Jacaranda that are around that price like on Center Rd. Venice is not a place for work, most people drive to Sarasota to do office work. Not too many offices here. Venice schools are decent but they have there ups and downs too. The work here is in bad shape due to the lay offs if you haven't read about lately. Sarasota school district has laid off 15o people and are looking to lay off another 50 in the next month. People are moving in but more are moving out. Article in local paper that the unemplyment is higher in Sarasota than anywhere else in the country. Hopefully it will get better but those 150 are already looking for work right now. Pay scale in the area is a lot lower than the north. If you make 50 K a year in the north you will need to make 56 K here to live the same. They start average pay scale here around 35 K. It also depends on what you do on how they pay you. Gas is cheaper and utilities but food is a lot more. Home prices have dropped but still not near to where they should be. A lot of crying about not selling there houses but they bought them for 150 K 5 years ago and there asking 300 K now. Drop them to 180 K and they will sell. Good luck.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:30 PM

155 posts, read 1,052,845 times
thanks so much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area