Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 04:34 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,046,883 times

Advertisements

Are they really as inexpensive as I see? What's the catch? Are there just tons of empty condos everywhere? Are these all adult communities and It just doesn't say so?

Husband and I are looking to move to Tampa, Bradenton, or surrounding area and coming from NJ where 40k won't buy you a bathroom this seems crazy to us. Why the heck am I still in NJ? My goodness! Are these areas safe and provide shopping nearby? Does this area flood?

5060 White Oak Court, Bradenton FL

6013 Lilli Way, Bradenton FL

3804 41st Street Court West #45, Bradenton FL 34205
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 05:56 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,552,117 times
Check with the Manatee County Sheriff's Office for crime statistics - Manatee County Sheriff's Office - Home

5060 White Oak Court is Pending - has an accepted offer with a closing date of 7/25/12.

6013 Lilli Way is in the Villager Apartments. The community has a heated pool, recreational facility, laundry and is a quiet, friendly neighborhood. Homeowner association fees are $222 per month (varies, depending on size of unit). They allow 1 pet with a max weight of 25 pounds. This condo is being sold As Is. The condo should be purchased for residence owner occupancy only. Permanent rentals are not allowed.

3804 41st St Court West - is in Cortez Villas. This is a 55+ community. The homeowner association fees are $218 per month. They allow one pet with a max weight of 15 pounds. There is a clubhouse with a pool.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:40 AM

82 posts, read 156,932 times
I have been looking for a condo in SW Florida for about a year and I will be closing Friday on a 2/2 condo in the Meadwocroft complex off 59th St West in Bradenton. I have been told by several realtors and a few people on the forum the best zip codes to live in Bradenton are 34209 & 34210 also I have been advised to be very careful about buying condo conversions from apartments and always check the condo association financial health.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:34 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,552,117 times
Good point about condos RetiredBuckeye. Here is some basic info.

In condo developments the unit is owned by the individual but the common areas are jointly owned and managed by a homeowner association. There are both residential and seasonal condo areas. I assume you are planning to live in the condo year round as a permanent resident.
You need to get a copy of the condo docs and read them thoroughly before submitting an offer. Also, it is suggested to get a copy of the financial documents so that you know where the homeowner association stands. Find out if there are other fees on top of the HOA fee such as CDD fees or special assessments. Some communities include trash removal, cable, maintenance, water/sewer and others do not.

Other common questions you need to ask.
1. What are your ownership and voting rights?
2. Does the condo association have reserved funds?
3. Is the condo association involved in any form of litigation?
4. What restrictions are there for renting and selling?
5. Are there any restrictions for family members using or staying in the unit?
6. Are there plans for future expansion which might raise your HOA fees?
7. Is there a history of resident complaints?
8. Are there any other restrictions, such as pets?

Old 07-04-2012, 10:35 AM

4,619 posts, read 7,541,245 times
The community has a heated pool, recreational facility, laundry and is a quiet, friendly neighborhood.

Villager Apartments/ Lilli Way is located directly behind the Bayshore Gardens Shopping Center, which is located on US41, a very busy north-south route that is lined on both sides with commercial and retail businesses.

I know listing agents want to present their listings in the best possible light to attract buyers, but sometimes they get a little carried away with their descriptions....

There are a number of reasonably priced condos available in Bradenton. The prices reflect a number of factors. Many are 55+ communities (listings don't always state that up front). Other factors include things like location, location, location. Age of the community, financial health (or not) of the community, rental policies, HOA fees, distress sales (bank owned or short sales) will also be factored into the prices.

Sometimes a slightly higher priced condo can be a better "bargain" than a lower priced one when you look at all of the important factors.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:05 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,263,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredBuckeye View Post
I have been looking for a condo in SW Florida for about a year and I will be closing Friday on a 2/2 condo in the Meadwocroft complex off 59th St West in Bradenton. I have been told by several realtors and a few people on the forum the best zip codes to live in Bradenton are 34209 & 34210 also I have been advised to be very careful about buying condo conversions from apartments and always check the condo association financial health.

Can't say I agree at all with those being the best places in Bradenton..have you researched those zip codes? I'd pass!

Old 07-07-2012, 09:07 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Can't say I agree at all with those being the best places in Bradenton..have you researched those zip codes? I'd pass!
Those are good zip codes. I was researching 34209 way back before we moved to Whitfield. Very nice areas there, and close to beaches.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:19 AM

58 posts, read 193,074 times
Default hey

check on zillow you can find foreclosures for 50-60-70-80 thousand

Old 07-07-2012, 09:12 PM

82 posts, read 156,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Yes, I have done a great deal of research on these zip codes. I have been checking out this forum for about a year before joining in February. In May I spent a week in the area and talked to four different realtors about these areas of Bradenton and before I decided to buy I spent two days driving around on my own checking out the area. When I decided on the condo complex I liked I drove around and talked to six different people and ask them their honest opinion about the complex, the next day I went back and and talked to the head of the condo management company and he gave me all the info on the association including the latest financial statement.
So I guess you can say I did quite a bit of research on this area!

Old 07-07-2012, 10:12 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,406,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
Are they really as inexpensive as I see? What's the catch? Are there just tons of empty condos everywhere? Are these all adult communities and It just doesn't say so?

Husband and I are looking to move to Tampa, Bradenton, or surrounding area and coming from NJ where 40k won't buy you a bathroom this seems crazy to us. Why the heck am I still in NJ? My goodness! Are these areas safe and provide shopping nearby? Does this area flood?

5060 White Oak Court, Bradenton FL

6013 Lilli Way, Bradenton FL

3804 41st Street Court West #45, Bradenton FL 34205
No, there aren't tons of empty condos but something priced at 40K is going to be priced that way for a reason -- bad area, or foreclosure, or the unit's a mess and you'll have to sink some money into it. My condo is in 34209 (I personally love that area, being so close to the Perico Bay and Anna Maria Island). It's an over-55 in a very nice area, and the prices have really dropped the past few years, but the only units priced THAT low are 1 BR foreclosures and/or trashed. And luckily, there aren't that many foreclosures in her community.

Anyway, with Bradenton and many areas of FL, the "bad areas" can be right next to the "good" ones. In general, the areas closest to 41 (14th St.) are the ones you would want to stay away from, but there's no hard-and-fast rule. You really have to drive around and do your due diligence. But you definitely will be able to get a lot more house for your money down there than Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area