Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 02:57 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,263,235 times

Advertisements

Alrighty...we're looking for two places... One for seafood, where we don't have to throw our wallets in, but a nice place, not seeing flip flops and cut offs while we eat. Were trying to stay away from the key and main street, in search of quiet.. celebrating 8 years this weekend : ) Were thinking of Ophelia's, but the prices are a bit high.

After dinner we'd like a quiet, martini bar atmosphere...lounge like with comfy seating..somewhere we can relax with a drink in a nice atmosphere...maybe even outdoors, but avoiding the key or downtown Sarasota. Those places are normally fine, but not for an anniversary. We are willing to drive anywhere..

Even though I'm a local, and have been for 6 years now (Yikes), we have our favorite spots and just don't get out much to find new ones..l
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 03:09 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,143,097 times
roys

Old 07-25-2012, 04:04 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,552,117 times
My stepdaughter lives in Sarasota. They go to Roy's or Marina Jacks for their anniversary.

Here is a link to the Sarasota Restaurant Guide - Sarasota Florida Restaurants and Dining Guide - All Restaurants in Sarasota, Florida and Dining Search Engine for Sarasota, FL Siesta Key Restaurants, Longboat Key Restaurants, Lido Key and Venice, Florida Restaurants

Old 07-25-2012, 04:29 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,345,307 times
I have to admit, for a chain, Roy's treats you very well and is a really nice evening. It will cost you about as much as Ophelia's, but I think the food is actually better. When you book, let them know it is an anniversary, and you'll likely get a nice dessert and a photo. If you do that, though, don't get the prix fixe, obviously.

Roy's Restaurant - Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine - Sarasota, Florida Location & Hours

Their sushi appetizers are amazing, by the way. In fact, the entrees are out of whack with the appetizers, price-wise, so I would suggest just telling them you're doing a tapas-style meal, and ordering a bunch of the excellent apps, especially the pork spare ribs.

A little cheaper and a nice ambiance is Morel, which is not a chain, a nice small room, and sometimes you actually see people dressed for dinner. The food has been very good every time we have gone. Ask about their specials.

Morel Restaurant

If you like sushi, I cannot more highly recommend Vizen in Gulf Gate. Again, not a casual place, and the food is AWESOME. The picture on the home page is a good idea of what we're talking about. The guy makes an effort. Click "About Vizen" for some nice shots of the interior and you'll get the idea.

VIZEN Japanese Cuisine | Japanese Restaurant Sarasota, Florida

Happy anniversary!

Old 07-25-2012, 06:28 PM

531 posts, read 1,162,260 times
Happy Anniversary, Oobie and hubby!! We still don't live down in Paradise, so can't offer to tell you any nice places to celebrate your 8th, but......you'll probably have a super time no matter WHERE you go! Have fun!

Old 07-25-2012, 06:45 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Alrighty...we're looking for two places... One for seafood, where we don't have to throw our wallets in, but a nice place, not seeing flip flops and cut offs while we eat. Were trying to stay away from the key and main street, in search of quiet.. celebrating 8 years this weekend : ) Were thinking of Ophelia's, but the prices are a bit high.

After dinner we'd like a quiet, martini bar atmosphere...lounge like with comfy seating..somewhere we can relax with a drink in a nice atmosphere...maybe even outdoors, but avoiding the key or downtown Sarasota. Those places are normally fine, but not for an anniversary. We are willing to drive anywhere..

Even though I'm a local, and have been for 6 years now (Yikes), we have our favorite spots and just don't get out much to find new ones..l
Have you ever eaten at Pier 22? GREAT food, wonderful seafood, beautiful location on the Manatee River. The food is all fresh and/or local. One of my favorite places.

Bradenton Restaurant and Catering | Waterfront Dining, Patio Bar, and Event Space | Pier22

We went there for our anniversary last year. Happy anniversary to you two!

Old 07-26-2012, 10:31 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,263,235 times
Thanks everyone!! Pier 22 sounds nice.. How is the attire, and the prices??

Old 07-26-2012, 11:19 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Thanks everyone!! Pier 22 sounds nice.. How is the attire, and the prices??
Prices run the gamut, and they are not bad at all, especially compared to some of the other suggestions in this thread. I guarantee you the food is REALLY wonderful, for fresh seafood it's some of the best I've ever had. As for attire, I have seen very casual to fairly dressy, so it's not formal at all. There are several dining rooms, plus a covered bar patio (informal) and two outdoor terraces. Pier 22 is one of my absolute favorite places to eat anywhere in the area.

Enjoy!

Old 07-26-2012, 11:45 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,889,568 times
We haven't eaten at Pier 22, but we've had drinks on the outside terrace. LOVED IT!! I would vote for it too, although we've also been to Marina Jack's. Pier 22 is a little "fancier" imho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area