Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 01:24 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,106,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
Line the airport up with Sara Bay Marina. Draw a line. That's where planes land. You can go to the dockside restaurant, The Bearded Clam, and watch all the planes fly overhead.

Do they come in for landing from north? I thought the planes landed coming in from the south and took off to the north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 01:33 PM

4,619 posts, read 7,541,245 times
Welcome To SRQ Online - Sarasota - Bradenton International Airport

Old 04-11-2015, 01:41 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,348,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff by the Sea View Post
Do they come in for landing from north? I thought the planes landed coming in from the south and took off to the north.
I think you are half right. Wife says she sees them take off and land. Next time I'm there will pay more attention though.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:52 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,504,944 times
I think the neighborhoods by the airport are beautiful - but would not buy there because I would worry that the airport would get busier, bigger and louder in the future - I think this might happen because houses are being built like crazy around here and more and more people are moving in and a bigger airport will be needed.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:01 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,106,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
I think you are half right. Wife says she sees them take off and land. Next time I'm there will pay more attention though.
Even if most land from south, you probably do see some land from north when wind shifts or there are other conditions. My impression is about 80%+ are from South. Time for you to go hang on the boat and do a scientific count. No counting after 2 drinks though.

Relevant to the noise issue, is I think planes fly lower for longer when coming in. When they take off, they seem to try to book for cruising attitude as fast as possible.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:26 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I think the neighborhoods by the airport are beautiful - but would not buy there because I would worry that the airport would get busier, bigger and louder in the future - I think this might happen because houses are being built like crazy around here and more and more people are moving in and a bigger airport will be needed.
Nope, they only have so much room. And Tampa airport is reasonably close, this airport does not have to be larger. The airport is larger now than it used to be but it's actually quieter now. I hear planes all the time, but they really don't bother us, nor do they bother anyone who lives here, some people have been here for decades. I love it here. I love it much more than when we lived in Laurel Park. Now THAT was a frikkin' noisy neighborhood. Plenty of crime too. I'm staying here unless we leave the area (which we aren't planning to do for years, if ever.)

Old 04-15-2015, 06:16 PM

4,896 posts, read 14,142,093 times
I lived in Whitfield off Gaines & Westmoreland back during 911 ~ it was stranger not to hear any planes.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:04 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Charley View Post
A good friend of mine lived right on Pearl and I started to buy a house there down the street, but instead I built near the temple in srq for fear of additional noise and un-spent fuel discharge overhead.
There is no "unspent fuel discharge" overhead... Good grief.....

Old 04-16-2015, 09:02 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,504,944 times
I am happy some people are not bothered by airport noise - it doesn't bother me but my husband hates it - we used to live in a little town with a little airport and it drove him nuts - I can see Venice airport getting busier and louder - maybe not bigger - you never know - look how Lennar is ruining the area and building and building - killing the wildlife and building on wetlands - someones palm is getting greased
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area