Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 08:56 PM

244 posts, read 372,975 times

Advertisements

We definetely want a pool so i will probably have them do it while building, is there alot of price haggling that you can do while going thru the process ?? first time having a house built so i was just curious, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 07:14 AM

78 posts, read 109,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luby162 View Post
Charlie, we are still in the very early phases...we are looking at central park also, i amgoing down on a reconnaisance mission in june, just retired from FDNY and have a 20 yr old in college, will get his masters in florida and i have a 7 yr old. looking for a kid friendly and family friendly atmosphere. When are you moving down to LWR ?? would love to hear all about what you have learned about the area if you have time.

Steve
Steve, we will be down there in early June for a week+, to close. We will be part timers at first (still working) and full time in about 2 years. our youngest is a senior in college now. If your down at the same time in June we can meet in Central Park and discuss what we have learned. Otherwise feel free to DM me.
As far as haggling with the builder, ours (Neal) was set on price. No haggling. However they have been very good to deal with and very accomodating in other ways. Prices there are going up quite rapidly. 4 or 5 increases since we contracted in November. Base price on our model has gone up 27k.

Charlie

Old 05-05-2013, 03:18 PM

When we go to contract in June say, I assume the price freezes with the contract ? Can I pick out the lot now and my wife pick out the model later on, she will go down with me in July again, can be sooner if needed. So much to learn, she seems to like an area called lakeview park ?? I think that is what it is called...will learn more in June I suppose.

Steve

Old 05-06-2013, 04:42 PM

12 posts, read 23,933 times
Looks like this is morphing into the Central Park welcoming thread.

Luby162:

I'm guessing your wife meant Longview Lake Park, which has nice large houses on larger lots. My wife and I bought in Forest Park, but it is only us, our 2 Chocolate Labs, and our first newborn (due June before the move in July). We figure that we'll make a go with 2,500 square feet and sell in a couple years if we need more space. Only thing I don't like is the pool is only available to residents in Claremont Park, which also is a maintenance free community. Thats 2 HOA dues price hikes. Hence why we looking into building a pool ourselves.

We looked into building with Neal and from the sounds of it the process is pretty painless. It is just a two day "Pick out your upgrades, finishes, hardware, and colors" appointment at the design center. However, I don't think your price locks until you finish the design center phase, though I could be wrong. We bought a Feature Home which means all of the features were picked out for us, but it will be ready when we move in July. Thankfully, the design team who put our house together has excellent taste.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:11 AM

Yes, Longview Lake Park....lol, too many names to remember... Congrats on your first.....hoping to get the process started quickly so we can possibly close in January, that would be ideal !! Looking fwd to this new chapter in our lives..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area