Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 08:24 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,745,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbarr2000 View Post
A lot of time the "crime" is a domestic argument, not theft or serious crime. I always tell people who are citing crime stats to use the same website and check the crime in their current area to compare. Most are surprised how bad it is where they currently live compared to the Sarasota area.
I agree about being surprised at the crime reports around your own location. Assuming that a police officer has to be there for each of the reports, it gives you a whole new understanding of the work they have to do.

FYI, crimemapping.com allows the user to filter out numerous specific crime types. It's a very helpful website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 05:10 AM

4 posts, read 8,771 times
SoFlgal, thanks for the schools information. My daughter and her two children are also considering moving to FL and this will be re-assuring. I have to admit, I have downloaded about 15 pages of your comments alone on Fl and really appreciate the information. As you obviously know moving is more than finding a house, its about community. Your insight has helped shape my search in this area. Thanks for being a huge resource not just to myself, but to this forum community as well.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:43 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickincaledonia View Post
SoFlgal, thanks for the schools information. My daughter and her two children are also considering moving to FL and this will be re-assuring. I have to admit, I have downloaded about 15 pages of your comments alone on Fl and really appreciate the information. As you obviously know moving is more than finding a house, its about community. Your insight has helped shape my search in this area. Thanks for being a huge resource not just to myself, but to this forum community as well.
Thank you so much! I know that schools and neighborhoods are a huge concern for anyone moving to the area with kids. There are so many wonderful people on this board who post opinions. I am a native SW Floridian and have attended many of the schools and so have my kids (21, 16 and 9). I've also lived in nearly every community from Bradenton down to Punta Gorda. I couldn't imagine moving 20 years ago before all of the Internet resources that are available today! I'm sure you'll think of other questions as you prepare to move. Come back here and ask. I'm sure someone will be around to answer.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:39 AM

707 posts, read 1,052,359 times
If you are looking for an established older neighborhood closer to downtown, South Gate is one of your best choices.

A lot of regurgitation of raw real estate date from the MLS seems to be ordinary for this forum, so I will try to differentiate.

South Gate has a mix of one story ramblers and mid-century modern homes. Investors are finding this to be a great are to buy and flip. The values support it because of the area's location close to downtown and relative values of adjacent areas such as West of the Trail near Southside Village. You get all the same local amenities as $1 million+ homes.

South Gate homes tend to be a bit larger than those in Gulf Gate, as well as the lots. The homes in Gulf Gate are also not as architecturally inspiring as what you may be able to find in South Gate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area