Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2014, 03:17 PM

2 posts, read 2,132 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am a single mom looking to move to Florida from the Midwest this coming summer, so figured I should start collecting info now. I am familiar with South Sarasota, Midnight Pass, Clark Rd, and Siesta Key, and am very comfortable with that area. However, the cost for renting is extremely high. I have seen threads that North Port, Venice or Nokomis may be good places to move. I am curious on your thoughts. Low crime is VERY important to me, I want to be and feel safe when taking a walk with my toddler. Additionally, I have not had much luck at finding reputable rental agencies, or those I have found have 1br rentals starting at $1000. At this point, that is a little high for me.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I would really appreciate any and all useful feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 10:40 AM

1,905 posts, read 2,792,384 times
North Port if your looking for a family friendly environment and also people have been saying on this board have been saying the rental market is kind of aggressive so you might want to get a realtor to see what your options are.

Old 12-04-2014, 11:44 AM

4,621 posts, read 7,547,288 times
Rental rates have been climbing in our area, especially over the past 2 years as demand is exceeding availability - especially those located in certain popular school districts. The Clark Rd area near Palmer Ranch is one of those hot rental areas. You would have better luck moving further north or northwest of Clark Rd in your search if you wish to be in Sarasota. North Port has cheaper rentals but if you will need to find employment, it will more likely than not be in Sarasota, so you will be spending gas money and time on the daily commute from Sarasota to North Port. Some people are ok with that, others are not. Venice, Nokomis, Osprey may offer more affordable rentals and the commute is much shorter than North Port.

For rentals in the Sarasota area, there are a number of on line rental web sites you can try, as well as the public version of the local MLS at Florida Homes for Sale direct from MLS

Some other sites to try:

Rentals.com Houses & Homes for Rent in Sarasota, FL (easy to use search engines)

Real Rentals Houses For Rent In Sarasota, FL | RealRentals.com

RentalHouses.com Sarasota Homes for Rent, Bradenton FL Rental Homes, Apartments, Home Rentals in Sarasota Bradenton Florida | RentalHouses.com

Rent Range RentRange | Single and Multi Family Rental Estimates, Analytics and Rent Valuations

FlipKey http://www.flipkey.com/search/l/3461...FY125QodFhQwiw

SarasotaRent.net Sarasota, FL :: Apartments and Houses for Rent, Local Apartment and Home Rentals, House, Townhome, and Condo Rentals, Vacation Rentals, Roommate and Sublet Classifieds::

Some owners put ads in the classified section of the local newspapers:

Sarasota Herald Tribune Sarasota Florida news, weather, sports and business | HeraldTribune.com | Sarasota FL

Bradenton Herald News, sports and weather for Bradenton, FL| Bradenton Herald & Bradenton.com

Good luck with your search.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:53 PM

2 posts, read 2,132 times
Thank you very much for your input!

Old 12-04-2014, 04:52 PM

8,366 posts, read 4,688,556 times
Craigslist has a lot of apartment listings also. Just be careful to avoid the scammers.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:22 PM

707 posts, read 1,052,687 times
North Port rents are cheaper for a reason....price in real estate is always a factor of demand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area