Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2015, 12:24 PM

4,615 posts, read 7,535,442 times

Advertisements

Love isn't the only thing in the air this weekend. Lots of events going on this weekend, including one of the bigger events of the season, the Cortez Commercial Fishing Festival.

FRIDAY

The legendary Diana Ross performs at the Van Wezel -- 8 pm, ticket info at Sarasota, Florida - Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall

Live from Downtown Sarasota It's Friday Night -- live entertainment 6-9 pm, this week it's at Burns Square off of Pineapple.

Free Music Friday Night -- Venice Centennial park gazebo, 7 - 9 pm, bring lawn chairs to sit on.

FRIDAY - SUNDAY

Wings of Freedom Tour -- WW2 planes on display at the Venice Municipal Airport. Friday 9-4:30, Sat 9-4:30 & Sun 9-12. Adults $12, 12 & under get in free, vets get in free.

Florida State Fair runs thru Feb 16th at the Tampa fairgrounds.

Shell Show -- Bradenton Area Convention Center at Palmetto. Fri 12:30 - 5 pm, Sat 10-5, Sun 10-4. Adults $5, 12 & under get in free.

FL Railroad Museum in Parrish is holding a mystery dinner & train ride. Solve the "who done it" murder and win a prize. Ticket info at Welcome to the Florida Railroad Museum

SATURDAY - VALENTINE'S DAY

Scrub Jay 5K & 10K Run at Oscar Scherer State Park in Osprey. 10k starts at 8:15 am, 5k starts at 8 am. Info/registration call 483-5956.

The Orchid Ball -- at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens. Black tie event. Ticket info at 366-5731 x 251.

Valentine Dinner at the Powell Crosley Estate -- dinner and dancing bayside. 2 seatings: 5 pm & 7 pm. Dancing till 11 pm. Tickets/reservations call 312-0000 or go to Valentine's Day Dinner and After Party for info.

Siesta Key Village Valentine Stroll -- free candy kisses from participating merchants 5 - 8 pm
AND
Siesta Key's Renew Your Wedding Vows -- at the beach pavillion at 6 pm, music starts at 5 pm. Couples participating had to register by the 11th but spectators are welcome.

That's Amore Celebration by the Italian American Club of Venice -- dinner dance at the club on Ringling Drive So in Venice, 5:30 - 10 pm. Tickets $30/person non-members, members $25/person. Call 493-8883 for info/reservations.

Cat Depot Gala: Love Me Tender -- fundraiser at the Hyatt Regency, Sarasota, 6:30 - 11 pm. Buffet dinner & open bar, dancing, silent auctions. Cocktail or black tie attire. $175/person. Info at Cat Depot Home

SATURDAY - SUNDAY

Cortez Commercial Fishing Festival -- huge event, loads of fun & good food, exhibits and kid friendly activities too, very popular. 10 - 6 each day. 4425 119th St W, Cortez. Shuttle bus will be running from GT Bray Park to the event, $2.50/person round trip. Admission $3/adult, under 12 gets in free.

Downtown Sarasota Festival of the Arts -- another big event, artists and crafts from all over the US. On Main street 10 - 5 each day.

Vintage & Collectibles Fair -- Sarasota Municipal Auditorium. Sat 10-5, Sun 10-4. Adults $2, under age 12 gets in free.

Circus Sarasota Winter Performance is still running thru Feb 22nd. Big Top is located in Nathan Benderson Park this year, by the University Town Center off of University Pkwy. The Circus Arts Conservatory | Sarasota

SUNDAY

Siesta Key Drum Circle -- just before sunset at the public beach, free, everyone welcome.

TUESDAY, Feb 17th

Mardi Gras & Masquerade Parage -- at St. Armands Circle, wear and costume and participate, Dixieland band, starts at 6 pm.

FEB 18, 21, 25, 28 -- IMG Suncoast Pro Classic Soccer Matches -- teams from around the world compete at IMG Academy in Bradenton. Info at IMG Academy - Major League Soccer

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 03:58 PM

Missed one for Sunday -- Classic Car & Bike Show at the Manatee Technical College on SR70 (west of I75) from 1 - 4 pm.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:59 AM

78 posts, read 109,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
Missed one for Sunday -- Classic Car & Bike Show at the Manatee Technical College on SR70 (west of I75) from 1 - 4 pm.
Actually I think this one runs from 10 - 4 on Sunday.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadVettes View Post
Actually I think this one runs from 10 - 4 on Sunday.
You're right....typo. I was doing the post from my cell phone instead of the computer.

Old 02-14-2015, 02:05 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,188,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
You're right....typo. I was doing the post from my cell phone instead of the computer.
What, you can't even copy and paste straight! (sarcasm)

Old 02-14-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
What, you can't even copy and paste straight! (sarcasm)
I actually got the event info by reading the sign in front of the tech school as we were driving down SR70....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area