Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 07:49 AM

57 posts, read 49,744 times

Advertisements

After years of planning for this we will be arriving in the North Port area next week. It's already getting cold here in Iowa. I hope the pools are still warm down there. Anyway we will be looking forward to meeting many of the people that have helped us with good info over the last year. Thanks, Mike in Iowa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 10:11 AM

133 posts, read 131,079 times
It's Florida, it's hot...nothing new. Water even on beach is warm. My pool is heated anyway. Good luck. Traffic is bad.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:32 AM

390 posts, read 609,221 times
The water in my pool is not warm unless I turn on the heater. There is definitely a chill in the water. But it is nice to sit on the edge and put my feet in while the sun is shining on me with a beverage in hand.

Good luck on your move!

Old 10-11-2016, 01:59 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,839,506 times
Good Luck to you!! How exciting!
"Icemodeled" and her spouse just moved there a few months ago and they are loving it.
Let us know how you are doing when you get there! Hopefully we will be there in the next few years as well.

Old 10-11-2016, 05:41 PM

Thanks Cindy, I have talked with icemodeled and got a lot of good info. There are so many things involved with a move like this. I'm shipping my 370z down, today we had to take our ****zu to the vet to get papers for her to be able to fly, tomorrow they drop off the cube (actually a trailer) for our furniture. My head hurts. We close on our house Monday and have to stay in a motel for 3 days before the flight. But..the other side of it, it is starting to get cold here. I see a 36 degrees for a low tomorrow night. I know it's hot down there but I hate the cold. I have a house rented in Rotonda West. Are you there now or planning on moving soon?

Old 10-12-2016, 04:15 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,150,786 times
Mike, you going to stop by and say hello ?

Old 10-12-2016, 09:56 AM

Absolutely Peter. Can't wait to get down there. Its already freezing here. Well...not 32f but damn cold

Old 10-12-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0xd View Post
Thanks Cindy, I have talked with icemodeled and got a lot of good info. There are so many things involved with a move like this. I'm shipping my 370z down, today we had to take our ****zu to the vet to get papers for her to be able to fly, tomorrow they drop off the cube (actually a trailer) for our furniture. My head hurts. We close on our house Monday and have to stay in a motel for 3 days before the flight. But..the other side of it, it is starting to get cold here. I see a 36 degrees for a low tomorrow night. I know it's hot down there but I hate the cold. I have a house rented in Rotonda West. Are you there now or planning on moving soon?
I wish we were already moved down to Florida, but alas, we are not yet. Still have one more child left in high school but as soon as he graduates, we hope to retire. (My son is currently a junior in HS)
I can imagine your head pounding from dealing with all that needs to be taken care of in a big move such as that!! On the other hand, it must be exciting too.......

NOT looking forward to another winter here. Hate the cold and loathe driving in snow and ice!! Yuck!!

A good friend of mine is moving to Davenport FL in January. She owns her own Exercise Apparel company and has many customers in Florida so it makes sense for her to move now. (I'm so jealous! LOLOL)

I heard Rotonda West is nice. Will look forward to your take on the area and all that comes with the move!
Are you retiring? Or still working?

It'll be allot of work when we move also since I also have 4 cars to bring down to Florida....along with household stuff, etc. Fun fun........LOLOL

Old 10-12-2016, 02:42 PM

They have high schools in Florida. Don't wait. Easy for me to say. Mine graduated last Jan.
They backed the trailer up to the garage this morning and waiting for my wife to get home to start loading the small stuff. Then Friday we hired 2 guys to load the heavy stuff. Like 2 men without a truck. 2 men 2 hours $160. My back is worth a lot more than that. It's already colder than he!! here. I would die if I had to stay another year. My wife said lets wait till spring. I said I'm going with or without you. Well... maybe it was more like cmon babe. lol I'm going to try to document the whole move and what worked and what didn't.

Old 10-12-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0xd View Post
They have high schools in Florida. Don't wait. Easy for me to say. Mine graduated last Jan.
They backed the trailer up to the garage this morning and waiting for my wife to get home to start loading the small stuff. Then Friday we hired 2 guys to load the heavy stuff. Like 2 men without a truck. 2 men 2 hours $160. My back is worth a lot more than that. It's already colder than he!! here. I would die if I had to stay another year. My wife said lets wait till spring. I said I'm going with or without you. Well... maybe it was more like cmon babe. lol I'm going to try to document the whole move and what worked and what didn't.
I share custody of my youngest son with his Dad so........yeah LOL

The 160 bucks is well worth it for sure!! LOLOL Have to agree about wanting to get out before it gets too cold again!! My spouse and I can't stand the snow!! (And my spouse snow plowed for over 35 years LOLOL)

Will look forward to your moving adventure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area