Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 03:49 PM

14,967 posts, read 12,181,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalaspa View Post
Sarasota people are so bizarre. Such difficult petty and old nasty people sometimes. Just old boring and grouchy old retirees who get upset about, anything and everything?

Anyways Im unsure how I was so confrontational towards the OP. The OP clearly stated that they participated in road rage With A Gun... and I was extremely nice in my comments about why that is beyond wrong. As far as ignoring active road ragers, I am unable to understand your argument. What I do and what I recommend to other citizens is to do exactly as the law enforcement recommends in the driver training course. Get out of their way and do nothing to provoke them.

By the way it does not matter where you are from. Ive had retirees go road raging on me. Plenty of them.

In the case of the OP if I saw them pull a gun Id snap photos of their vehicle and license plates and call the police immediately. It is also described in the drivers education video how things escalate and the person who was first the innocent target ends up becoming more hostile and breaking more laws then the original perpetrator. So please learn how to be safe on the roads.
LOL, go back and read the tone of your post. Starting with the beginning sentence announcing
that "all you posters are wrong about this road rage thing....." even if you're correct about people not in your face confronting others about their careless driving, and certainly pulling out a gun in a traffic incident is beyond stupid, it's still confrontational to tell a group that they are flat out wrong in that tone.

And by ignoring someone who's driving aggressively, or "road raging", I mean simply NOT to engage them in any way, do not look at them directly and do not react to their attempts to egg you on. You take whatever evasive action is needed to get out of their way, and you move on. You do not get involved, you do not look for ways to "pay them back" or to show them who is the boss of the road. It's pretty simple.

And just so you're aware, your first three sentences of this post slamming the "bizarre, petty and nasty old people in Sarasota" belies your claim of being extremely nice with regards to how you regard others.

Just a few thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 05:00 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,491,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Sarasota is an awful place to drive. Lots of retirees -- wink, wink.....
I find that the most egregious offenders are inpatient younger drivers w/ cell phones in their hands aggressively weaving between cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area