Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2018, 02:18 PM

29 posts, read 38,720 times

Advertisements

Considering a move to Western Florida. Need some help in narrowing down areas/towns/communities to consider. Appreciate all feedback.

budget = $600k +-
Newer home, open to style
4000+ square feet
4+ bedrooms
1+ acres
Highly rated public school system
Within 30 minute drive to coast
Employment potential for mid-level professionals
Affluent community
Low crime
Entertainment/restaurants a+
Prefer no HOA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 02:47 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
I can't hit all your criteria, but check out Vilano by Emerald Homes, a Division of DR Horton in Sarasota East of I-75. All 1+ acres new construction, may be some resales.

This is the closest match I can think of in a new home neighborhood with a guard gate.

Distant 2nd would be Braden Woods in Manatee County has all 1 acre lots, but its older, not considered affluent but its surrounded by Lakewood Ranch which is considered affluent, but Braden Woods is all septic. Great location though and you might want to refurb an older existing home there, and add sq ft.. They have an HOA but low cost and minimal rules.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:31 PM

4,619 posts, read 7,541,245 times
The issue is that if it's newer constructions, the homes are most likely going to be located within a subdivision with deed restrictions and a HOA. There are homes east of I-75 that are on 1+ acre lots that are not in subdivisions with HOAs, but since there are no deed restrictions, the neighboring properties are not all going to have that "affluent" feel to them. You'll see some well kept properties, others with brush and stored "I'm going to get around to fixing it" vehicles parked in the grass. And chickens. Chickens seem to be very popular. It's a mixed bag of property standards. And none of those homes will be a 30 minute drive to the coast.

As to employment opportunities for mid-level professionals, there are a number of sites that post job openings, I would suggest checking those out to see the pay levels as many people moving here from "up north" find themselves in shock when they discover that similar jobs to their current employment pay far less in Florida. That is not to say that specialized and high skills jobs do not pay well here.

My suggestion would be to figure out what areas offer the best paying job opportunities for your skills, then research housing options after you've selected your targeted job locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: