Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:34 PM

414 posts, read 1,245,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Parking during the season is generally CRAZY but now through October, it shouldn't be so bad. They have music from 6-9p.m., little tents set up where you can purchase drinks, also you can bring your own cooler/chairs & just sit & relax!

Some other great activities are 1st Friday's on Palm Ave. (my block) where they have art/galleries open from 6to9 w/wine/cheese and it's a nice way to explore downtown, 3rd Friday's at Towles ct., same kind of thing, 3rd Thursdays at the C'd Zan over at the Ringling Museum where it's $5 admission, catering by Michael's on East (drinks/food) and a band. It was packed to capacity last Thursday when we went...Next Month, the 2nd White on State block party put on by the dowtown development assoc. Last year it was a terrific time...everyone wears white, they have tents up representing the downtown area with food & drink & a catwalk/fashion show that will blow your mind...admission was $10...Cinco de Mayo block party also in May (it's pretty crazy on Main Street during this event)...We will be having the fireworks on the 4th. They close down 41 around Main Street & it's just a blast! Then come the boat races...plus usually a block party around Matison's once a month...always something to do...and that's just a bit of it!
Hello Ladtwithafan,
Thank you for all that information. Can you point me to a website that consolidates that information? I would like to absorb as much as possible in the time we are there, May 13-18.

Best,
smiledoc1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 08:11 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,142,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiledoc1 View Post
Hello Ladtwithafan,
Thank you for all that information. Can you point me to a website that consolidates that information? I would like to absorb as much as possible in the time we are there, May 13-18.

Best,
smiledoc1
I know White on State is May 17th, downtown. As far as sites that consolidate info..a bit hard right off the top of my head, but I would point you to:

Scenesarasota.com, Sarasotamagazine.com, Srqmagazine.com, sarasota.creativeloafing.com

All of these magazines list events by the month and/or week...that should help you out!

Every Thursday the Sarasota Herald Tribune publishes the "Ticket" which you can look at online as well (heraldtribune.com)...information is provided for the upcoming weekend as well as a few weeks in advance.

Hope this helps!

Old 04-23-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I know White on State is May 17th, downtown. As far as sites that consolidate info..a bit hard right off the top of my head, but I would point you to:

Scenesarasota.com, Sarasotamagazine.com, Srqmagazine.com, sarasota.creativeloafing.com

All of these magazines list events by the month and/or week...that should help you out!

Every Thursday the Sarasota Herald Tribune publishes the "Ticket" which you can look at online as well (heraldtribune.com)...information is provided for the upcoming weekend as well as a few weeks in advance.

Hope this helps!
Indeed it does help. The White on State looks interesting. I went to the website. New Year's Eve in Sarasota also looks a bit different than in central Massachusetts.
I'll poke around the other sites you suggested.
Thank you again.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:

Hope this helps!
Ladywithafan,
I checked out the scenesarasota.com site and the Jazz festival on the 14th looks interesting also. Will all the "3rd" events also happen that week even though the White on State is being held on Saturday?
Thank you.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Ladywithafan,
I checked out the scenesarasota.com site and the Jazz festival on the 14th looks interesting also. Will all the "3rd" events also happen that week even though the White on State is being held on Saturday?
Thank you.
Yes, everything goes on! White on State was AMAZING last year, it's a don't miss event!

Old 04-24-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Yes, everything goes on! White on State was AMAZING last year, it's a don't miss event!

Is this the type of event that one should buy tickets online prior to the event or do you think tickets can be purchased on the day of the event. I see on the website I can buy tickets now.

Thank you for the advice.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Is this the type of event that one should buy tickets online prior to the event or do you think tickets can be purchased on the day of the event. I see on the website I can buy tickets now.

Thank you for the advice.
I'd get them now if you have the chance, because you're out of town. They do sell the tickets downtown at a number of stores locally, so I'll be getting my ticket this week. You'll have a fabulous time!

Old 04-30-2008, 04:12 PM

3 posts, read 17,215 times
And now back to the topic.

Yes, living on LBK is worth a try.
I moved to LBK four years ago from the central coast of California.
Big change, big humidity surrounded by wealthy retirees.

Things to do?
Much to do in Sarasota all year round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area