Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:55 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Yes, Im new- and Im married! My husband and I were just talking about some of the fancier places we went to once in a while back home in Chicago. We usually hit local bars, sometimes even biker bars just for a nice game of pool. However, we used to get all gussied up once in a great while and hit a piano bar in downtown Chicago and sip wine and martini's-- all while making up stories about the people we saw. It was fun..We moved here 2 years ago and have found some really low key places
You've stopped making sense....fess up....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 02:46 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,662,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Are there any areas around here where a girl could find a "self sufficient" or very successful guy? Where do they hang out or "dine". Im not a gold digger, or even looking Im just wondering where the upper class single ones dwell in this area...Siesta Key? Certain piano bars LOL??
You are married. Your on the relationship board asking for advice on your relationship, yet your over here looking for a rich man? You need professional help!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
You are married. Your on the relationship board asking for advice on your relationship, yet your over here looking for a rich man? You need professional help!
I didn't want to be the only biotch on this one, thanks for joining the ranks!

Old 05-02-2008, 10:57 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,260,315 times
I AM NOT LOOKING FOR someone else. Back home my husband and I got all gussied up occasionally and went to the "fancy places" -we tried new drinks and people watched. We would go to a piano bar in downtown Chicago. It was different than our normal run of the mill pool hall days. We're not trashy but my hubby is a former biker wanna be. I simply asked to find the names of places where we could do this again. I guess I should not have listed it that way, but it got the responses I was looking for. I have had some ups and downs with my marriage but I do not believe in cheating, I think it is shallow and cowardly. We are making our Saturday night plans to hit one of these socialite hot spots..for those that aren't doubting me.. what does he wear?

I know what Im wearing but back home in Chicago the men were often seen in business attire.. since the area is more laidback here will he bee out of place in Dockers and a nice Tommy Bahama shirt..

Old 05-02-2008, 11:06 AM

Holy cow. My OP really does make me sound like a gold digging skank. I just wanted to find a place where my husband would be comfortable also. I guess I should have just said that.. that post did not come out right. No wonder everyone was targeting me.

We had some ups and downs but things are fine now. I have been comforted by some "friends" that despite financial hardship, Im already rich

Old 05-02-2008, 11:09 AM

Should we make reservations at Madisons? which is nicer or more quiet.. Im assuming the piano bar is more quiet that the jazz club..

Old 05-02-2008, 11:13 AM

960 posts, read 1,686,436 times
Where did you hang out in Chicago? If I knew where, I could provide information to a similar place here in Sarasota.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
So your poorly paid carpenter husband wants to find a nice piano bar where the wealthy men hang out, so he will feel "at home"? Oh, OK. Now it makes sense.
Maybe he Moderator cut: .. ?

Last edited by Keeper; 05-05-2008 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: Please be nice. Thanks, Sunnydee

Old 05-02-2008, 01:50 PM

960 posts, read 1,686,436 times
Come on guys...
It's not nice to make fun of a woman who's freudian slip is showing.

Last edited by Carbondated; 05-02-2008 at 02:14 PM..

Old 05-04-2008, 04:17 PM

539 posts, read 2,102,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbondated View Post
Come on guys...
It's not nice to make fun of a woman who's freudian slip is showing.

*chuckle* Freudian slip is showing...I'll have to remember that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area