Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2022, 08:00 AM

4,622 posts, read 7,550,946 times

Advertisements

A ban on these gas-powered motors would only happen on nontitled waterways. Those are canals that stay within the city. Some boaters say they would like to see this discussion sink to the bottom of the canal.

“I plan to make some calls and see if we can try to fight that,” said Herrera.

This discussion is still in the very early stages. City staff will be talking about this in the days and weeks ahead, and then it will eventually make its way back in front of city commissioners.

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2022/01/2...-motors-boats/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2022, 07:05 AM

200 posts, read 157,754 times
Geezus, is this for real? how stupid...I didn't think that NP had that many leftists. Maybe this crap is coming from fairly recent transplants from CA or SanFran or Chicagoland?

Old 02-01-2022, 06:10 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,122,990 times
I would love to see jet skis banned.

Old 02-02-2022, 01:11 PM

73 posts, read 73,014 times
Dummies like loud noises of this type..
People purchase homes for a peaceful and quiet view of the canal only to be disturbed by sh*t-head morons zooming up and down a canal and laughing as they are so easily amused by such simple things. You bring the noise to me and disturb my peace??? I bring the noise back 100 fold and never say a word. I have developed tools and strategies to handle obnoxious LOUD people.
If you know which house has the loud boaters, blast there house with floodlights at night. Give them a good dose of light pollution every night. Its a start.

Old 02-09-2022, 10:32 AM

113 posts, read 90,244 times
Why would any sane, well-adjusted person live on any access waterway and not expect to hear motorcraft? that's want boats do for the most part.

You want peace, quiet, silence? then don't buy anywhere else but on several rural acres.

Some people seems to be "noise Nazis" and expect everyone to comply with their narrow notion of what constitutes "noisy". Get a grip.

Noise is a fact of life, urban/city, suburban and ex-urban. Older Americans and older transplants to Florida seem a bit hypersensitive to what they alone perceive to be problematic.

Face it, we have and shall continue to have:

Interstate amplified noise and resultant transfer of noise.
Noise carried over water....get it?
Close in SF construction, sometimes houses built less than 20 feet apart
Noise from large overhead aircraft
Noise from the large increase in general aviation arrivals/departures
Noise from OTR 18 wheel haulers
Noise from UPS trucks
Noise from Fedex Trucks - everywhere
Noise from a HUGE increase of Amazon truck deliveries
Noise from US Mail carriers
Noise from Street repair all over the Counties
Noise from an increase in EMS dispatch
Noise from an increase in Law Enforcement 24/7
Noise from and increase in vehicular traffic all over the Counties.
Noise from security systems
Noise from lightening and storms (we're in the lightening capital of the US Tampa Bay)
Noise from people yickety yaking on cell phones in public
Noise from an increase in Boat purchases....er, we LIVE close to water, it ain't Kansas

Yep, some people don't get it. life IS noisy at times lol - like every damn day

Old 02-09-2022, 10:46 AM

113 posts, read 90,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

Banned ??? what's illegal with them?

Old 02-11-2022, 06:49 AM

176 posts, read 221,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen440 View Post
Banned ??? what's illegal with them?
Sounds like they're hoping to have their waterway(s) designated "No Sport." Some do that, reduces the waterways to either kayaks or Duffy-type electric boats (golf carts on water). https://duffyboats.com

Old 02-11-2022, 06:54 AM

17,351 posts, read 22,099,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
They are basically motorcycles on the water.........both can be fun/safe with competent responsible riders. Knuckleheads are everywhere on both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area