Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2023, 05:38 AM

25,718 posts, read 12,793,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoptions View Post
I'm exploring purchasing a single family home in the area and selling my condo in Tampa Bay.
I feel like your analysis still holds true today, a little over a year later.
Talking with real estate agents, the condo MIRS regulations are becoming a real issue and making people think twice before buying a condo rather than a SFH.
I agree on your condo thoughts. I think you meant SIRS not MIRS though.

https://www.fsresidential.com/florid...tudies%20(SIRS).

Condo HOA fees & insurance are exploding, since the Miami condo collapse. A friend in Boca's paying through the nose.

If I went multi-family, I'd get a 2-story to avoid all that. Preferably w/ parking below on the 1st floor w/ some storge, then the living space above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2023, 08:34 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,338,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

Condo HOA fees & insurance are exploding, since the Miami condo collapse. A friend in Boca's paying through the nose.

If I went multi-family, I'd get a 2-story to avoid all that. Preferably w/ parking below on the 1st floor w/ some storge, then the living space above.
Hoa fees around me are exploding now because of costs from Ian repairs! Hearing alot of horror stories about that too.

I say avoid any house or condo in Florida that has an hoa! They're dictators.

Cape coral not a lot of hoa to deal with.

I want to get out of here because of having to deal with hoa.

Old 10-27-2023, 03:54 AM

If Sarasota has the 6th most overvalued housing, then how are so many sales still taking place? You'd think it would have shut down by now.

The only thing slowing it down is low inventory, & high interest rates.

Why are builders building homes as fast as they can?

Because so many affluent people are still moving to our area and buying homes that are not highy price sensitive.

This trend will continue for the forseeable future.

The sky is not falling Chicken Little, its just a darned Acorn.

Prices have moderated, but no collapse, as forecasted by the OP's source.

Old 10-27-2023, 05:26 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,338,823 times
Quote:
If Sarasota has the 6th most overvalued housing, then how are so many sales still taking place? You'd think it would have shut down by now.

The only thing slowing it down is low inventory, & high interest rates.

Why are builders building homes as fast as they can?

Because so many affluent people are still moving to our area and buying homes that are not highy price sensitive.

This trend will continue for the forseeable future.

The sky is not falling Chicken Little, its just a darned Acorn.

Prices have moderated, but no collapse, as forecasted by the OP's source.
Why is it here in Southwest FL most of the houses I'm seeing being built are cookie cutters in the 400 to 600k range? It seems a lot of these homes are being bought by snowbirds as second homes. My sub division is cookie cutter and has a number of seasonal residents.

I think they cookie cut them because they're cheaper for the builders to build quick and they know they will sell easily with all the second home buyers.

Further down the coast from you around me and in Lee County the houses are not moving very quickly. We have more houses going up but they end up having price cuts.

I'm thinking around me people are still listing them sky high like they were in 2021 trying to get top dollar. usually I see 15k slashed off the price once its been on the market for 30 days or more.

Old 10-27-2023, 07:04 PM

982 posts, read 522,520 times
It's nice and all, but there are a lot better places in Florida. The last time I was there I felt like an immigrant w/ my Southern accent. Nearly everyone I encountered apparently came from Nu Yawk.

Old 10-28-2023, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenMM View Post
It's nice and all, but there are a lot better places in Florida. The last time I was there I felt like an immigrant w/ my Southern accent. Nearly everyone I encountered apparently came from Nu Yawk.
This side of FL isn't a bad as the other side. This side has mostly upstate New Yorkers w/o the accent. Most of the time, when I hear that accent around here, its Northern NJ people...they ones I know anyways.

Old 11-01-2023, 11:04 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,137,294 times
Quote:

Right now, all three story and higher buildings over 32 years old must undergo a "structural integrity reserve study" or SIRS by December 24, 2024. Many condominiums have deferred maintenance just like Surfside did and it's time to pay the piper. Along with continued insurance increases, I'd bet on seeing a glut of old condos on the market due to special assessments for deferred maintenance. Don't worry, two story buildings will be added to SIRS sooner or later, most likely office buildings as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area