Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2022, 09:47 AM

402 posts, read 261,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
With Covid fading, I think we'll begin to see a more traditional flux of visitors coming and going, but more overall staying permanently.
COVID, or the threat of COVID, and all those fun restrictions, will be back in September, just in time to require absentee ballots for the midterm elections. You can take that to the bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2022, 10:14 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,342,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying941 View Post
COVID, or the threat of COVID, and all those fun restrictions, will be back in September, just in time to require absentee ballots for the midterm elections. You can take that to the bank.
The 1957 Pandemic they didn't shut things down and such. Mom said they didn't wear masks at school or any of this stupid stuff.

If Obama was in Office in 2020 there wouldn't be lockdowns. Of course last year when Biden was President they suddenly started to lift restrictions.

It was to get Trump out of office.

Ebola for example is far far more fatal if you catch it. They didn't restrict stuff when that frenzy started and it was thought to spread in the US.

Old 03-10-2022, 10:16 AM

2,531 posts, read 1,863,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
The 1957 Pandemic they didn't shut things down and such. Mom said they didn't wear masks at school or any of this stupid stuff.

If Obama was in Office in 2020 there wouldn't be lockdowns. Of course last year when Biden was President they suddenly started to lift restrictions.

Ebola for example is far far more fatal if you catch it. They didn't restrict stuff when that frenzy started and it was thought to spread in the US.
Yes the whole world revolves around the USA. Some countries have far stricter restrictions when we do. It was all to get back at Trump.

/s

Old 03-21-2022, 10:39 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Those of you driving on I-75 Northbound the past week, are you seeing the Snowbird & vacationers heading back?

You know, packed cars, out of state plates, RV's, usually 2 or more occupants.

We are in the thick of Spring Break now, but they'll start thinning out this Sunday (3-27). The last 2 weeks in March is the heaviest time for Spring breakers (families & students). Some Spring breakers will spillover into early April due to the late Easter data this year though.

Temps up in the Northeast warm into the 60's starting March 29th, so I think snowbirds who own here will begin to leave.

Overall, starting Sunday 3-27, I think we''ll be in a downward trend for visitors.

Old 03-21-2022, 10:46 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,342,083 times
Quote:
Those of you driving on I-75 Northbound the past week, are you seeing the Snowbird & vacationers heading back?

We are in the thick of Spring Break now, but they'll start thinning out this Sunday (3-27). The last 2 weeks in March is the heaviest time for Spring breakers (families & students). Some Spring breakers will spillover into early April due to the late Easter data this year though.

Temps up in the Northeast warm into the 60's starting March 29th, so I think snowbirds who own here will begin to leave.

Overall, starting Sunday 3-27, I think we''ll be in a downward trend for visitors.
I noticed at the fleamarket this weekend it was a tad thinner crowd. Mainly on Friday business was down a bit. Usually Fridays you see the Canadians, seasonal residents that come in since everyone else works. Foot traffic was down a bit along with my sales.

Old 03-21-2022, 11:21 AM

68 posts, read 82,924 times
Quote:

We drove back a week ago and saw many Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New York and quite a few Canadian tags. Of course on the drive down the week before we still saw about 1/2 as many making the trek south. Late arrivers, I suppose.

Old 03-21-2022, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbrien View Post
We drove back a week ago and saw many Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New York and quite a few Canadian tags. Of course on the drive down the week before we still saw about 1/2 as many making the trek south. Late arrivers, I suppose.
Thx for the report pj! Care to share why you left when you did?

Old 03-22-2022, 06:24 AM

563 posts, read 551,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post

This logic just kills me... do you realize there is a world outside of the USA? Do you realize people in foreign countries do not give a crap who Donald Trump is? The WORLD shut down, not just the USA. It was not a USA political thing or have anything to do with Trump. /boggle

In case you forgot, it was Trump who shut the US down.

Old 03-22-2022, 06:42 AM

68 posts, read 82,924 times
Quote:
Thx for the report pj! Care to share why you left when you did?
We are not snowbirds - we're building down in LWR and were asked (politely) to leave our home in Northern Virginia while it was being sold. So we made the drive down to FL - stayed a week - and then made the drive back home.

Old 03-22-2022, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbrien View Post
We are not snowbirds - we're building down in LWR and were asked (politely) to leave our home in Northern Virginia while it was being sold. So we made the drive down to FL - stayed a week - and then made the drive back home.
I hope you had a nice week here.

Thx for sharing, and have a safe journey back to VA.

Stay in touch, and let us know how the construction is progressing in LWR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area