Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 08:36 AM

64 posts, read 53,455 times

Advertisements

Anyone that is a local/native/long time inhabitant of The City of Sarasota (abt only 14 sq miles), The City of Bradenton (abt only15 sq miles), All of Unincorporated Manatee County, (i.e. Lakewood Ranch) All of Unincorporated Sarasota County (e.g. Lakewood Ranch/south), The City of Northport (the largest city in Sarasota County), The City of Venice, can see for themselves each day that the population has grown too much and has become unbearably 'congested'.....unless they are are Stevie Wonders
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2022, 04:26 PM

25,743 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
St. Louis traffic isn't as bad.
Sorry, but I must disagreE with you. I lived in St. Louis for 8 years, and learned to drive there.

I dont want to bore readers w/ a list of gridlocked STL areas, but SRQ is not even close.

I've driven in many of the top 50 cities, & no way is SRQ amongst them. Maybe top 50 worse for 6 months a year...during season, but not even tp 100 the other 6 months...like right now.

As I poster before, SRQ isnt even in the top 200 for population, even in season. Now way top 50 for traffic.

Old 05-25-2022, 05:22 PM

563 posts, read 551,947 times
What people seem to think is traffic here is just a lot of cars packed together like the front of UTC. You are still moving, albeit slowly; but it is not much longer than off hours honestly. The only time I have seen any true stoppages is for an accident.

In Chicago or Atlanta it does not even take an accident. Just when there is traffic a 20 minute drive is 2 hours+.

Last time I was in Manhattan the Uber app showed the hotel 4 blocks away, but it was 42 minutes to get there. We had not moved on inch in 15 minutes when I got out of the car and walked it.

This is traffic to me. I cannot even imagine LA...

Sarasota/Bradenton is a breeze.

Old 05-25-2022, 07:01 PM

402 posts, read 261,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshan View Post
What people seem to think is traffic here is just a lot of cars packed together like the front of UTC. You are still moving, albeit slowly; but it is not much longer than off hours honestly. The only time I have seen any true stoppages is for an accident.

In Chicago or Atlanta it does not even take an accident. Just when there is traffic a 20 minute drive is 2 hours+.

Last time I was in Manhattan the Uber app showed the hotel 4 blocks away, but it was 42 minutes to get there. We had not moved on inch in 15 minutes when I got out of the car and walked it.

You are dead right. I have been in each of Chicago, NYC, Boston and LA in the last few weeks. Driving here is like a stroll in the park by comparison.

Old 05-26-2022, 05:11 AM

25,743 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshan View Post

You've seen what I've seen. I moved here from Atlanta, & I-285 (the perimeter highway) is gridlock all along its Northern half morning and evening rush hours...in both directions! Used to be in just 1 direction. LA is worse, Boston is awful because the roads are not straight. I cannot think of any of the top 30 cities that doesnt have bad traffic issues.

In big cities, a 30 minute drive can turn into a 1 hour drive often. Here, that occurs maybe once a month when there's a bad accident on I-75 in Bradenton. Getting over the Siesta Key bridge in season costs you 15 extra minutes on weekends.

In big cities when there's an accident, traffic stops for 1/2 hr, people get out of theri cars and chat. I've never seen that here.

Old 05-26-2022, 08:25 AM

64 posts, read 53,455 times
Everything is relative.

Everyone has a story about somewhere else with large populations.

For an area THIS size, given the infrastructure etc. it most certainly IS "congested"...and getting much worse each month.

Mentioning a city such as Atlanta in the same breath as this MSA, is downright silly it seems to me. Traffic, is not the same thing as congestion.

Has anyone walked, rode or driven say in DT SRQ? Fruitville?, anywhere close to Ft Myers? LOL - all smallest areas but very "congested".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area