Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 10:29 AM

4,621 posts, read 7,545,116 times

Advertisements

Great news for those who need a special garage for a special car:

https://www.sarasotamagazine.com/hom...lakewood-ranch

There have been several times in the past when a car condo would have resolved issues in my own home with a car crazy husband......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2022, 12:14 PM

747 posts, read 848,524 times
There was someone else who did something similar in LWR but these look awesome. Little out of my BMW price range though

Old 08-19-2022, 01:57 PM

564 posts, read 552,502 times
I saw this months ago and was wondering how they would get even one sale. It is a garage for as much as many houses.

Prices range from the low $300,000s to $500,000 when car condos are combined

Old 08-19-2022, 07:07 PM

25,772 posts, read 12,840,301 times
I sold my exotic car a few months ago, & I have a 3-car garage, so no need for this, but I like the concept.

I have a related idea for boat storage near the water. Boat slips are sold out around here, so an alternative is needed. Marina's are very basic & utilitarian, so there's a market for this sort of thing for boats too for high-end owners. There's no coastal land left for any new marina's, so new ideas are needed.

Old 08-20-2022, 03:24 PM

451 posts, read 457,794 times
They've built several of these units in the Vero area and are planning more. They can accommodate boats and motorhomes also.

https://indianrivermotorhaus.com/

http://veronews.com/2021/08/26/luxur...ar-collectors/

Last edited by HarryWhom; 08-20-2022 at 03:36 PM..

Old 08-21-2022, 05:06 AM

Another
Lofty ambition: Customized storage units will also come with ‘ultra-luxury condos’ - 32963 Features, 32963 News, Real Estate - Vero News

They seem to be catching on here.

Old 08-21-2022, 11:25 AM

25,772 posts, read 12,840,301 times
Most peeps throughout Florida don't realize it, but there's a lot of money in Vero Beach. I once read Vero has more ex-Fortune 500 CEO's than any other place in the USA. My Dad worked in the golf industry there for years, and met many of them. When the British Royal family visits Florida, they stay in the area.

Vero also has an airport that is convenient to the top 1%, which is who are buying these big boy toy condo's.

Our next, and last, stop in this life is likely going to be 32963. I could live in one of these car condo's in Vero, but by wife wouldn't, so unless she kicks me to the curb, not going to happen for me. I'll settle for 32963 & a mini-yacht parked at the VB Yacht Club.

Old 08-22-2022, 06:59 AM

71 posts, read 66,032 times
Speaking of Vero Beach, I just spent last week over there. This is my first full summer here in Florida. We spent some of the summer last year here but then went back to the SF Bay Area to start making plans to move out here and didn't come back till the summer was over last year. And this year it won't really be a full summer because we have to go back west again later in September. I wanted to see how I can handle the radically different heat and humidity. (wife grew up in Rio so she is used to this florida weather and has always felt too cold and dry in California.)

So before completely committing to setting up life here in Florida I want to check out the differences between the gulf side and the Atlantic. Have been to Vero twice, and Boca Raton once and Miami once, and not during the summer. I was wondering if the weather is a little less intense over there and from my visit this past week comparing the summer heat and humidity to Venice it feels pretty much the same to me. The water temp at Vero Beach is 82 right now while Venice is 87. And in the winter the water temp will be less cold then Venice, probably making for a better almost year round ocean swimming experience on the Atlantic except that it is more choppy than the usually flat gulf.

We looked around at neighborhoods and looked online at rental and sale prices of condos and SFHs and it seems prices were not significantly different than in Venice. I could be wrong. Way more people, a little wider demographic - race and age. I like it in Venice but I can deal with everybody.

But hearing that Vero Beach is considered a higher end part of the state is surprising. Seemed nice but not fancy in any way from what I could see. That's a good thing and we're not looking for that.

And we also went down to Stuart and I like there even a little more than Vero, for the water temps which are a couple degrees warmer than Vero in the winter. That area seemed a little wealthier than Vero.

Anyway I do like the gulf and I have to wonder why hassle it on the Atlantic. I'll probably settle for 34293 and be quite happy with this place for the last stop. who knows.

Old 08-22-2022, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramco View Post

But hearing that Vero Beach is considered a higher end part of the state is surprising. Seemed nice but not fancy in any way from what I could see. That's a good thing and we're not looking for that.
The concentration of wealth in Vero Beach is on the barrier island. The mainland city is rather quaint and unpretentious. There are some elaborate estates on the mainland, but they're mostly hidden from view.

Old 08-22-2022, 02:45 PM

733 posts, read 761,676 times
I wouldn't think these would sell, but I'm amazed at the funds people have. Another one just opened last year off Fruitville, and when I go to that website, it says 'sold out'. Amazing.

https://wheelbasegaragecondos.com/

2019 Article link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area