Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 05:33 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,348,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rainman View Post
Virginia is really nice. There's a lot of growth around Washington DC people coming there for jobs. Completely different people than Florida mostly middle aged smart people that work all the time. Coastal south Carolina is like Florida lite. But I think maybe a tiny upgrade from most parts of Florida. Upstate south Carolina a little less crowded and little more affordable than the coast. Not really a big change but small. Alabama seemed best as far as warm area in the south that is not crowded and is affordable. But Im not a tourist or retired. I grew up in south Florida. The beach is nice but not important.

I need a decent job, an affordable place to live, women to date, education opportunities, these are not priorities in Florida. It's all about strip clubs, bars, bingo halls, retirement homes. It's really hell for someone that wants a normal life. Especially if you have to work in the heat or don't have a car and half to walk or bike in the heat. I made a mistake not moving out at 18 or 20 like most people. Even if I went somewhere and had to live homeless then in a year or so I'd probably be on my feet but port Charlotte is lifetime poverty.

With everyone being retirement age or a homeless junky the dating pool is not good here unless you are in high school. You can try to date a Ukrainian but they are racist against non slavs and don't act right for the most part.

Pretty much every place in the united states is growing which is what happens when you let in five to ten million new people each and every year. In 2000 we had just under 300 million Americans. Now it's about 330 million. We have 10% more people in 20 years. None of the growth is from births. Most people can't afford a family because wages have dropped to nothing from immigration, offshoring and automation. It's all immigrants.

In the next few years we will probably be at 350 million.

Though Florida is growing faster than anywhere. It might be better for me to leave the country.
I tried online dating. Most of the women within a 60 mile radius on these dating apps under 50 are fat, or covered in tats. Maybe 5 percent are what you'd consider "hot." But then plug in Orlando area zipcodes and the women look much better. Tampa a bit better as well. I'm from st. Louis. Same apps and websites much hotter women, less fat more educated and less single moms.

Why are so many people in Florida obese? Never seen it as bad in other states.

Post covid lockdown the apps are even worse. Seems the few hot girls are Ukrainian scammers or fake profiles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2023, 06:11 PM

224 posts, read 187,724 times
I don't know what app you use. I don't find any girls 20-39 period. 40s is when they start turning up. No one can afford to live here on their own unless homeless or living with parents or something. Not many people in that age group most are taken. I don't see Ukrainians on the dating sites but in real life the single women under 40 are mostly Ukrainians and the attractive ones then it's like 99%.

There are some in Orlando, Jacksonville or the east coast or further north. They meet guys and have sex with them. I'll ask to talk, get to know each other first, then in a few months take off work make plans. I'm poor so it's difficult but also just to know someone first. They have no interest. They just want hook ups with strangers. Add to that prostitutes on there. I didn't realize this was so common.

Then the broke waitresses and Walmart workers looking for a doctor or lawyer.

Then at the beach it's the same like other than Ukrainians or teenagers or couples it's 40s and 50s females. If you want a stripper, a prostitute or hook up with an average looking stranger Florida is the place to be. If you want to date someone under 40 it's the wrong state.

Old 01-19-2023, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rainman View Post
I don't know what app you use. I don't find any girls 20-39 period. 40s is when they start turning up. No one can afford to live here on their own unless homeless or living with parents or something. Not many people in that age group most are taken. I don't see Ukrainians on the dating sites but in real life the single women under 40 are mostly Ukrainians and the attractive ones then it's like 99%.

There are some in Orlando, Jacksonville or the east coast or further north. They meet guys and have sex with them. I'll ask to talk, get to know each other first, then in a few months take off work make plans. I'm poor so it's difficult but also just to know someone first. They have no interest. They just want hook ups with strangers. Add to that prostitutes on there. I didn't realize this was so common.

Then the broke waitresses and Walmart workers looking for a doctor or lawyer.

Then at the beach it's the same like other than Ukrainians or teenagers or couples it's 40s and 50s females. If you want a stripper, a prostitute or hook up with an average looking stranger Florida is the place to be. If you want to date someone under 40 it's the wrong state.
If you're under 40 you can try the Tinder of Facebook dating app, but most of the women covered in tats, fat, lots of trannies too on them swipe apps.

Match "used" to be the best site around here, BEFORE covid. Paid site but hotter women. Still a bit older like 30s but hotter. Now not many under 40 on there, and anything under 35 is trash on there. Dunno what happened to that site. A few decent looking ones in their 40s but gold diggers.

went on a date from Match back in 2019 from some super hot chick from Naples. She actually drove the 55 miles to meet me lol. Talking via text we seemed to hit it off and she was from St. Louis just like me. The date went well until I told her what type of business I owned and then after that she wasn't interested and rolled her eyes and wanted the date to end because she figured I didn't make enough. She was divorced after just one year of marriage. She told me her husband was tired of marriage. More like he was tired of HER. She said she couldn't date in Naples cause she taught at that expensive private school and didn't want to be seen in public with a guy lol.

I had another divorced teacher from Match. 4 hour date too. She picked the most expensive thing on the menu and would complain about her family a lot, and how her brother sexually abused her and how crappy her family is. Another odd one.

Old 01-20-2023, 04:46 AM

25,770 posts, read 12,840,301 times
Here are Florida wide tourism stats through Q3 2022, but I cant find Q4 or 2022 ytd, or localized stats for this forum area.

Canadians are coming back...442% increase from prior year.

Europeans have not yet returned in large numbers, and they are the most coveted because they stay longer & spend more.

We've had 18 months straight of pre-covid tourism levels, so covid is in the rear view mirror now, & the variants do not seem to be having a large impact on Florida tourism.

https://flgov.com/2022/11/17/florida...th-in-q3-2022/

Old 01-20-2023, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Here are Florida wide tourism stats through Q3 2022, but I cant find Q4 or 2022 ytd, or localized stats for this forum area.

Canadians are coming back...442% increase from prior year.

Europeans have not yet returned in large numbers, and they are the most coveted because they stay longer & spend more.

We've had 18 months straight of pre-covid tourism levels, so covid is in the rear view mirror now, & the variants do not seem to be having a large impact on Florida tourism.

https://flgov.com/2022/11/17/florida...th-in-q3-2022/
No ft. Myers beach, Sanibel, Captiva will be a factor, especially for Europeans. Spring break will take a huge hit in my area due to Ft. Meyers beach.

Old 01-20-2023, 02:28 PM

yes!

https://sarasotanewsleader.com/srq-s...ecord-in-2022/

Old 01-20-2023, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Down here in SWFL it's different though. Many of the hotels in Naples by the Gulf are still not taking reservations. At the market noticing less vacationers, again I'm in the Ft. Myers, Ft. Myers beach area. It's quite different down here right now versus Bradenton.

Old 01-20-2023, 03:51 PM

Sarasota, Bradenton is probably going to cash in this year. Charlotte, Lee, and Collier counties, especially Lee County is really going to be hit hard this season, especially for vacations. hardly any hotel rooms, or houses to rent here right now due to displaced residents and contractors, insurance adjusters, etc.

Good for Bradenton, Sarasota, St. Pete. Bad for rest of SWFL.

Old 01-27-2023, 01:57 PM

The traffic on 41 going through Laurel and Nokomis has been a nightmare the past 2 days, especially in the Northbound lanes.

How can these snowbirds spend money if they are stuck in traffic? We need to fix that fast.

This is looking like another record-breaking season to me in this forum area. I think we are benefitting from the Ian damage in the next forum area South of here.

Its time to start widening 41 again, even though they just removed the Orange barrells from the last widening. They need an express lane with limited access/egress.

People on the sidewalks with electric scooters were passing me this week while I ws in my car on 41 in bumber to bumper gridlock. I've been trying to use Honore as much as possible to avoid 41.

Old 01-27-2023, 04:15 PM

Quote:
The traffic on 41 going through Laurel and Nokomis has been a nightmare the past 2 days, especially in the Northbound lanes.

How can these snowbirds spend money if they are stuck in traffic? We need to fix that fast.

This is looking like another record-breaking season to me in this forum area. I think we are benefitting from the Ian damage in the next forum area South of here.

Its time to start widening 41 again, even though they just removed the Orange barrells from the last widening. They need an express lane with limited access/egress.

People on the sidewalks with electric scooters were passing me this week while I ws in my car on 41 in bumber to bumper gridlock. I've been trying to use Honore as much as possible to avoid 41.
You're probably right. People who either rent seasonal, or take a 2 week vacation to Southwest FL in the winter are probably staying up in the Sarasota or Tampa areas right now. Spring break time St. Pete and such will really cash in since no Ft. Myers beach. Unless you want some glass in your foot or bacterial infection and no beach bars around then Ft. Myers beach will be just fine for you.

The hotels around here that were not damaged and currently open are booked. We have a ton of contractors and insurance adjusters and disaster relief workers here still.

Even the Knights Inn which is a seedy motel normally has any cars parked there is packed with construction trucks now.

Next season will be good for you and Siesta Key too. Hopefully two years from now we are semi recovered down here.

Traffic is bad here but a lot of that is contractors in trucks from out of state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area