Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2023, 03:57 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
That’s the present TJs not the planned one?
Yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2023, 04:49 PM

4,615 posts, read 7,535,442 times
The new TJ will be fairly easy access for those of us coming from north of University Pkwy, off of Honore. Lots of neighborhoods in the 34243 - 34203 areas now, with all the new construction that's been going on over the past 10 years.

Old 05-09-2023, 07:37 AM

733 posts, read 760,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Sub-obtimal location imho. Hard to get in & out of that shopping area due to poor design and high volume. Parking lot is already very crowded. Whole Foods has the best location at UTC, then fresh Market.
The UTC area is a great location demographically for Trader Joes - population/income/etc. But to put it right in one of the UTC strip malls seems a bit insane to me. Traffic is already a nightmare there, just can't imagine it's the best spot physically. Whole Foods has a bit of a standalone location, and something like that would be better for TJs I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
The new TJ will be fairly easy access for those of us coming from north of University Pkwy, off of Honore. Lots of neighborhoods in the 34243 - 34203 areas now, with all the new construction that's been going on over the past 10 years.
Yes, that particular spot in UTC is decent for anyone coming in from the north on Honore. We lived up there for a year, and awesome access to BJs Wholesale club and gas station and those UTC stores on the north side of University. But tough navigation for everyone else.

There's a lot of shops in the UTC area I'd prefer to visit on occasion. But given the traffic, I pretty much avoid it at all costs if possible.

Old 05-09-2023, 12:52 PM

4,788 posts, read 10,608,885 times
Mentioned this TJoe's thread to my CEO...she shops occasionally at the Tamaimi Trail location, a TJs in Asheville, and a TJs up in Jersey when we are seeing our adult Kidz.

Her opin concurs with beach43ofus: it is like TJs picks BS locations esp in/out/parking lot nightmares and could not care less.

1st world 'problems', but it is odd that TJs finds these labyrinth-like in/out lots to put another store.

As for UTC area, I think I get there once every two or three winter seasons, and only if I have to...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area