Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:51 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,263,235 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what the CDD fees look like in Greenbrook or Summerfield?? And how often they are paid-- Im still so unsure of CDD, it went from NO WAY to SURE, now we are back to being unsure about CDD communities..Why buy in a CDD if you don't have to?? Any input?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 09:17 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Does anyone know what the CDD fees look like in Greenbrook or Summerfield?? And how often they are paid-- Im still so unsure of CDD, it went from NO WAY to SURE, now we are back to being unsure about CDD communities..Why buy in a CDD if you don't have to?? Any input?
There is not a uniform charge even within the same subdivision. Each property has different CDD fees. Once you find a property you are interested in just go here: Property Tax - Property Search (http://www.taxcollector.com/dataaccess/design/1address.asp - broken link) and type in the address. It will have the CDD fees listed.

IMO, Palmer Ranch is a similar community without CDD fees and closer to the beach and everything else. Not sure why you would choose LWR. I guess if you really liked the community maybe you would be willing to pay the CDD fees.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:50 AM

2 posts, read 7,376 times
Ok, I would love to get in touch with SOFLGAL. We are going to be moving to the Sarasota area. Sarasota north to Palmetto. My husband will be working downtown Sarasota. We need a neighborhood with a pool. We have an eleven year old son and 2 pets. We enjoy the outdoors beaches happy hour etc. We are in our late 30 's and would love to find the perfect home from 150k to 200k lots of living space, formal dining room not necessary. I want an area that I can feel comfortable letting my son ride his bike to the store or friends houses. I am not familiar with Palmer Ranch but I am going to do a search. I need an agent that is going to work hard at finding us the right neighborhood ( most important). We will be moving when we find it. My husband is currently in the area one week out of the month, and he will be down again around the week of April 13th. I would appreciate any and all advice, and we will be searching for new friends, not only for us, but for our son as well.
Thanks,
Stacybananas

Old 04-07-2009, 07:04 AM

I was under the impression that Palmer Ranch was a bit more expensive than LWR--Our price range is around 200--- actually we would like to stay under that with a pool...So all of Palmer ranch is CDD free???

Old 04-07-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacybananas View Post
Ok, I would love to get in touch with SOFLGAL. We are going to be moving to the Sarasota area. Sarasota north to Palmetto. My husband will be working downtown Sarasota. We need a neighborhood with a pool. We have an eleven year old son and 2 pets. We enjoy the outdoors beaches happy hour etc. We are in our late 30 's and would love to find the perfect home from 150k to 200k lots of living space, formal dining room not necessary. I want an area that I can feel comfortable letting my son ride his bike to the store or friends houses. I am not familiar with Palmer Ranch but I am going to do a search. I need an agent that is going to work hard at finding us the right neighborhood ( most important). We will be moving when we find it. My husband is currently in the area one week out of the month, and he will be down again around the week of April 13th. I would appreciate any and all advice, and we will be searching for new friends, not only for us, but for our son as well.
Thanks,
Stacybananas
We found Sarasota was a bit too pricey for us, East Bradenton areas like LWR and Palmer Ranch offers a lot more for the money, and the homes are beautiful.. LEt me know how your search goes. We are in the same boat!! This forum has been a GODSEND, you are so lucky you found us!

Old 04-07-2009, 10:57 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
Quote:
I was under the impression that Palmer Ranch was a bit more expensive than LWR--Our price range is around 200--- actually we would like to stay under that with a pool...So all of Palmer ranch is CDD free???
You ought to DM SoFlGal and the the scoop on it. If you do she will probably tell you how to contact her too.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Palmer Ranch communities do not have CDD fees. The only thing in Palmer Ranch that is under $200K right now is condos.

There are 23 communities within Palmer Ranch:
Arielle- 2 listings under 200K, neither have a pool
Bella Villiano, 28 condos under $200K, community pool
Botanica, nothing in here under $200K
Country Club of Sarasota, nothing in here under $200K
Deer Creek, nothing in here under $200K
Huntington Pointe, nothing in here under $200K
Mira Lago, nothing in here under $200K
Palisades, nothing in here under $200K
Palmer Square, nothing in here under $200K
Pinestone, 11 condos under $200K, community pool
Plaza de Flores, 4 condos under $200K, community pool
Prestancia, nothing in here under $200K
Serenade, 22 condos under $200K, community pool
Silver Oak, nothing in here under $200K
Stonebridge, nothing in here under $200K
Stoneybrook, 2 condos under $200K, community pool
The Hamptons, nothing in here under $200K
The Isles, nothing in here under $200K
Turtle Rock, nothing in here under $200K
Village Walk, nothing in here under $200K
Vintage Grand, 13 condos under $200K, community pool
Wellington Chase, nothing in here under $200K

So for Lakewood Ranch communities you have:
Lakewood Ranch Country Club, nothing in here under $200K
The Lake Club, nothing in here under $200K
The Village of Edgewater, nothing in here under $200K
The Village of Greenbrook, 19 homes under $200K, 1 with a pool and is a short sale.
The Village of Summerfield, 7 homes under $200K, none with a pool. There's a four bedroom foreclosure that was just listed in here-pretty good deal.
The Village of Riverwalk, 3 short sales under $200K, none with a pool.

Comparing the two communities it looks like your heading in the right direction. Lakewood Ranch has homes under $200K, at this time Palmer Ranch does not. If you search in the MLS under Palmer Ranch or Lakewood Ranch you won't find these homes. You have to search under the specific subdivisions to find the homes.

Good luck with your search, hope this helps!

Old 04-08-2009, 06:58 AM

Hey Oobie, Just wanted to pass this along since I know you're considering LWR. This article specifically names the builder Taylor Morrison and the subdivision GreenBrook in LWR as having issues with Chinese drywall:

Another builder linked to Chinese drywall | HeraldTribune.com | Sarasota Florida | Southwest Florida's Information Leader

Old 04-08-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Hey Oobie, Just wanted to pass this along since I know you're considering LWR. This article specifically names the builder Taylor Morrison and the subdivision GreenBrook in LWR as having issues with Chinese drywall:

Another builder linked to Chinese drywall | HeraldTribune.com | Sarasota Florida | Southwest Florida's Information Leader
Wow. thanks for that input. Greenbrook was one of our top choices! It keeps following us! We really want to stay in that general area and the homes just aren't there for us. If the area isn't too old (Home wise) then the class of people is a turn off-- We are going to start shopping next summer... so I am just getting a feel for whats out there, whats your experience with Short Sales SoFLGal?? Could you DM me your contact information so when the time comes I have it?? You really seem to know your stuff as far as the area is concerned..

Old 04-08-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Wow. thanks for that input. Greenbrook was one of our top choices! It keeps following us! We really want to stay in that general area and the homes just aren't there for us. If the area isn't too old (Home wise) then the class of people is a turn off-- We are going to start shopping next summer... so I am just getting a feel for whats out there, whats your experience with Short Sales SoFLGal?? Could you DM me your contact information so when the time comes I have it?? You really seem to know your stuff as far as the area is concerned..
Yeah this article is in the Herald Tribune today. My experience so far with short sales has not been too positive. But the success with short sales depends on many, many factors. One of the big ones is if the home has two mortgages on it. That's when it can get ugly. Typically, the first lien holder only wants to give the second lien holder $1000, if that, to release the lien-which may be many thousands of dollars. Usually the second lien holder refuses and the home ends up in foreclosure. I think the success rate of short sales closing is around 8% along with a huge headache and many months of waiting.

Interestingly enough, the class I'm finishing today is on short sales. They guarantee a success rate of 80% on closing short sales. I gotta see that but I'm willing to give it a shot. It also gets a bit frustrating when the other Realtor has never worked a short sale. Anyway, off my soapbox. I'll email you when I get out of class after 5pm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area