Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 09:34 AM

59 posts, read 88,163 times

Advertisements

Now, I understand that Gang Issues are going to be everywhere. I do know that. What I don't understand is that the Gang Graffiti is all over Bradenton, yet the Polcie Department, Mayor's Office, Nobody does anything to try to clean it up.

EXAMPLE: Orlando has set up a "Graffiti Hotline" where you can write them a letter, e-mail or call them about Graffiti Sightings and they will go and clean it up. Orlando has done that. ORLANDO!! With as big of a pop. as Orlando has and there trying to clean up that city. It's promising! Yet, Bradenton, which has a lower pop. that Orlando, does absolutely, absolutely nothing to try to clean it up. I was just in Bradenton in the end of March. My parents live near 75th Street West. I was driving down Cortex, and between Cortez Rd. and 66th Street there are multiple gang signs, the same one, it was green, and it looked like it said "FAKO" or "FAZO," on a street light box on 75th & Cortez, and on 3 or 4 polls between that apartment complex on Cortez, that Pinnacle, whatever that is, and a few other places. OK, fine it's there, what have you. But, what greatly concerns me is that that same stuff as there before Christmas when I was down or up visiting. That's nearly 4-5 months ago. MONTHS!! You would think that they would have made a attempt to clean it up by now. A town with a huge pop. (Orlando) is making an attempt to make there town look have way nice, yet a town with a smaller pop. (Bradenton) is making no effort at all to clean that town up. Confusing? Absolutely!

Last edited by Floridian34210; 04-08-2007 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: Fix Wording.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:41 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridian34210 View Post
Now, I understand that Gang Issues are going to be everywhere. I do know that. What I don't understand is that the Gang Graffiti is all over Bradenton, yet the Polcie Department, Mayor's Office, Nobody does anything to try to clean it up.

EXAMPLE: Orlando has set up a "Graffiti Hotline" where you can write them a letter, e-mail or call them about Graffiti Sightings and they will go and clean it up. Orlando has done that. ORLANDO!! With as big of a pop. as Orlando has and there trying to clean up that city. It's promising! Yet, Bradenton, which has a lower pop. that Orlando, does absolutely, absolutely nothing to try to clean it up. I was just in Bradenton in the end of March. My parents live near 75th Street West. I was driving down Cortex, and between Cortez Rd. and 66th Street there are multiple gang signs, the same one, it was green, and it looked like it said "FAKO" or "FAZO," on a street light box on 75th & Cortez, and on 3 or 4 polls between that apartment complex on Cortez, that Pinnacle, whatever that is, and a few other places. OK, fine it's there, what have you. But, what greatly concerns me is that that same stuff as there before Christmas when I was down or up visiting. That's nearly 4-5 months ago. MONTHS!! You would think that they would have made a attempt to clean it up by now. A town with a huge pop. (Orlando) is making an attempt to make there town look have way nice, yet a town with a smaller pop. (Bradenton) is making no effort at all to clean that town up. Confusing? Absolutely!
Perhaps there is no money in the budget for things like that. As you yourself pointed out several times, Bradenton has a much smaller population than Orlando.

I am curious to know why you feel the need to bash Bradenton on a consistent basis.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:47 AM

121 posts, read 504,312 times
Just a sign of the times. Another Florida town going down hill.

Old 04-08-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
I am curious to know why you feel the need to bash Bradenton on a consistent basis.
If you don't like my posts, ignore me. I'm just telling people the truth. It's people like you who will give Bradenton or other bad areas good comments, then the people move there and realize they made a mistake. You want to save your crappy town, so you lie to people.

MANATEE EAST OF 1-75 IS WONDERFUL. I will admit that. WEST OF I-75 IS BECOMING A NIGHTMARE.

Old 04-08-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
If you don't like my posts, ignore me. I'm just telling people the truth. It's people like you who will give Bradenton or other bad areas good comments, then the people move there and realize they made a mistake. You want to save your crappy town, so you lie to people.

MANATEE EAST OF 1-75 IS WONDERFUL. I will admit that. WEST OF I-75 IS BECOMING A NIGHTMARE.
Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I am not saying that Bradenton is heaven. I just wonder why you feel like you need to put it down all of the time. Did something awful happen to you here? Was somebody you care about raped/mugged/murdered here that you have such a bad taste in your mouth?

I live here. I walk around outside before it gets light in the morning and after it gets dark in the evening. My car is never locked. Half of the time the house is not locked. I go to gas stations by myself. I have not heard any gunfire. I do not see roving gangs walking down the street, or driving up & down the street. I do not fear for my life here. This is the simple truth.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:44 PM

Default My Story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I am not saying that Bradenton is heaven. I just wonder why you feel like you need to put it down all of the time. Did something awful happen to you here? Was somebody you care about raped/mugged/murdered here that you have such a bad taste in your mouth?

I live here. I walk around outside before it gets light in the morning and after it gets dark in the evening. My car is never locked. Half of the time the house is not locked. I go to gas stations by myself. I have not heard any gunfire. I do not see roving gangs walking down the street, or driving up & down the street. I do not fear for my life here. This is the simple truth.
You must not live on the west side of the town, or what wouldn't be living "in limbo"! When I lived there: my car was broken into, tools for my job and later on down the road somebody took my car battery and replaced it with a cheap 1996 battery (this was in 2005.) My license tag plate was stolen off my car. A friend of mine house was robbed. A dear restaurant that I adored was robbed 6 times in 1 year. In late 2005 I decided to move to Cape Coral. Good luck followed me down here, luckally! Gunshots: Early this year my mother called me from Bradenton at 2:00am. She was freaked out. She had heared gunshots. She didn't know what it was. Freaked out out, naturally it would anyone. The gangs in Bradenton have gotten worse. Gang shooting at Desoto Mall & Coquina Beach. Man found dead at a Denny's / Toys-R-Us by the mall. Please don't tell me this is the "Random", that I would say is pure udder crap. As one forum man pointed out: "The crime rate in Bradenton for this year alone is about the average of last year. And we're in April." So far this year, all the crime in Bradenton = 2006. 4 months = 1 year! COME ON! PLEASE! I don't consider myself "bashing" Bradenton, I think that if I put the word out that maybe I can save people the trouble of going there. But, then there's people who can't come to the fact that there goody-good town is going down the drain faster than water. They get mad, bash me, give me bad rep, then I have people who have accepted it, PM me, applaude me, give me good rep. Bradenton is tearing people apart. Some, i've (unfortuneatly) gotten use to me yelled at on this forum about Bradenton and respond back. I doesn't stop me from stating my opinion. I think I've saved I few people of "The Wrath of Bradenton" already. That's all I'm trying to do. If people still what to live there, move there, whatever that's fine with me, but I just try to state the fact and maybe save a few people.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:47 AM

7,934 posts, read 9,158,452 times
Quote:
You must not live on the west side of the town, or what wouldn't be living "in limbo"! When I lived there: my car was broken into, tools for my job and later on down the road somebody took my car battery and replaced it with a cheap 1996 battery (this was in 2005.) My license tag plate was stolen off my car. A friend of mine house was robbed. A dear restaurant that I adored was robbed 6 times in 1 year. In late 2005 I decided to move to Cape Coral. Good luck followed me down here, luckally! Gunshots: Early this year my mother called me from Bradenton at 2:00am. She was freaked out. She had heared gunshots. She didn't know what it was. Freaked out out, naturally it would anyone. The gangs in Bradenton have gotten worse. Gang shooting at Desoto Mall & Coquina Beach. Man found dead at a Denny's / Toys-R-Us by the mall. Please don't tell me this is the "Random", that I would say is pure udder crap. As one forum man pointed out: "The crime rate in Bradenton for this year alone is about the average of last year. And we're in April." So far this year, all the crime in Bradenton = 2006. 4 months = 1 year! COME ON! PLEASE! I don't consider myself "bashing" Bradenton, I think that if I put the word out that maybe I can save people the trouble of going there. But, then there's people who can't come to the fact that there goody-good town is going down the drain faster than water. They get mad, bash me, give me bad rep, then I have people who have accepted it, PM me, applaude me, give me good rep. Bradenton is tearing people apart. Some, i've (unfortuneatly) gotten use to me yelled at on this forum about Bradenton and respond back. I doesn't stop me from stating my opinion. I think I've saved I few people of "The Wrath of Bradenton" already. That's all I'm trying to do. If people still what to live there, move there, whatever that's fine with me, but I just try to state the fact and maybe save a few people.
Thanks for mentioning the incident at Coquina beach. My in laws live in Bradenton, and we were able to let them know of the consequential traffic problems. I also notice the Bradenton Herald took off all mention of the incident in today's news. This seems pretty typical of Florida newspapers; they don't air the dirty laundry of Florida.
As for my opinion from visiting Bradenton a few times is that it's kind of a non descript town. Heavily hispanic, especially in the "box" area. Schools aren't that great. Lot of busing of smarter kids into crappy schools to bring up the school's grade.
I've only been consistently to 2 places in Florida; Bradenton and Trinity. Of the 2, Trinity is by far the better place to live. No comparison.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:23 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,833,251 times
Unhappy Bradenton suck... and I think we all know it.

Quote:

You are right. My wife's family lived in Bradenton and it's become an MS-13 gang haven and the gangs are fighting like they are back in El Salvador or in Los Angeles.

In Orlando, crime is getting out of hand too and gang graffitti has been appearing. The difference here is that people in Orlando answer to their "owner": Disney. And Disney doesn't like tourists coming down to FL and seeing gang grafitti in every corner... in Bradenton, you guys are on your own against the drug and crack dealers, gangs, and gang turfs. In Orlando, we have Disney turning up the heat on Orlando Pocide (OPD).

Also, OPD has initiated a crackdown on durg dealers downtown Orlando. MetroWest (the area where I grew up and USED TO BE very nice) are hiring off-duty cops on their own to curb the crime problem.

But honestly, I think people who are even considering moving to Bradenton should RE-CONSIDER the new reality of an area of the country that has been taken over by violent street gangs and move elsewhere. This is the new America... a decadent country being run by gangs and illegal aliens.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Actually, I am on the west side. You wouldn't catch me on the east side, unless it was on the other side of I75. The "In Limbo" refers to the fact that I am house hunting, and living with my in-laws while I am doing it. My husband & I just moved BACK here from SC.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:22 AM

17,536 posts, read 39,147,881 times
Default Bradenton gangs and crime

My husband and I had been considering moving from our little town of Dade City to Bradenton, for a change of scene and an easier commute. We were just down there on Saturday having a lovely day, walking around, eating on the beach, etc. Then I come to the forums and read about SHOOTINGS at the beach in broad daylight on Easter!!!! WTH??????

This is very disturbing. I always remembered Bradenton as a sleepy little town, not much going on. My in-laws stay for a month each year on the beach - we all have been totally unaware of any of this! I am upset to read about this much crime, but I will definitely have to rethink wanting to move there! We were looking in the far north part of town (close to the river) and far northwest, but maybe no where is far enough away. It all still seems overpriced to me, too, especially with all this crime!

This is a scary time we are living in, for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area