Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 12:59 PM

277 posts, read 891,734 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,
I'm staying on Siesta Key for the next week, and while I'm here in Florida I'd really like to find some soda called Faygo. I came down to Lakeland a few years ago and tried Faygo while I was here and I absolutely love it. We don't really have Faygo back in Maine, only the occasional find at K-Mart or something. Since I got down here I've looked at Publix on S Osprey, and a couple Dollar Stores as well as the WallyWorld out on Cattlemen. Anyone know of any places that have it in Sarasota?

-Chad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 01:32 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdodge04 View Post
Hey everyone,
I'm staying on Siesta Key for the next week, and while I'm here in Florida I'd really like to find some soda called Faygo. I came down to Lakeland a few years ago and tried Faygo while I was here and I absolutely love it. We don't really have Faygo back in Maine, only the occasional find at K-Mart or something. Since I got down here I've looked at Publix on S Osprey, and a couple Dollar Stores as well as the WallyWorld out on Cattlemen. Anyone know of any places that have it in Sarasota?

-Chad
Did you find this soda in a Publix in Lakeland? The biggest Publix here is the one on University Parkway - they have EVERYTHING. If you can't find it there, I would say it can't be found in the area. maybe give them a call first.

Good luck!

Old 06-22-2009, 02:11 PM

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to give them a call and see what they have! When I was in Lakeland I found it at one of the little convience stores. I haven't tried stopping at any of the small stores around town yet like the 7eleven.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:11 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,053,741 times
I dont think they sell Faygo anymore...I remember drinking it as a kid.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:10 PM

14 posts, read 34,107 times
We still have it here in Michigan. I think at Meijer, don't know if you have them there or not, maybe Walmart.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:10 PM

I've been all over looking for it, tried the big Publix out on University, the 711 and the K down on Ocean Blvd...gonna have to wait and check a few stops on the way out of town I guess. Thanks for the help guys!

Old 06-22-2009, 08:24 PM

473 posts, read 1,168,161 times
You're lucky enough (or unlucky considering how hot it is) to be in Siesta Key and you've got Faygo on the brain?
Some other things you can consider: maybe the beach? the girls? the booze? the beach? Faygo?

Old 06-22-2009, 08:35 PM

Haha don't worry I'm also all about that stuff, but there are certain things on the list that I wanted to get while down here. We actually went down to the beach tonight and walked around. The girls...well I'm here with the fiance so I have all the girls I need. The booze comes on Wednesday when the fiance turns 21.

A co-worker has demanded that I return with bottles of Publix brand ranch dressing as well haha.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:33 PM

473 posts, read 1,168,161 times
Do you have a special place for dinner Wednesday night?

Actually I do get the Faygo and ranch dressing thing. We had a large group go down to Key West and it was important that we had our favorite foods form home there.
There are times when I am travelling that I will go out of my way for an old favorite food stop that I cant get here. Examples are Chick Fil A, Checkers, Waffle House even lol.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:01 PM

I'm not sure whats up exactly, one of the only places that she is requiring that we go is Tijuana Flats which we may do tomorrow. Any suggestions on good food and a good bar scene? We are quiet and laid back, definitely not looking for a loud and rowdy place...but its the big 21 so we gotta do a bar
I was hoping for something close enough to walk to, but I'm thinking we are going to be getting a cab because we are up off from Flamingo and the bars down on Ocean Ave are too far to walk!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area