Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 07:21 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,263,235 times

Advertisements

Hey there everyone! Ive been away for some time but wanted to stop in and say hello to all my friends. Yes, we are STILL renting.. I had to take a pretty decent paycut this year so we are still here .. We are hoping to make the move next summer.. just in time for our little one to start PreK.. Right now, we really like the Mote Ranch area, and have ruled out Parrish. My sister just moved to Mote Ranch and loves it, plus we are trying to stay near each other, since we have a visually impaired mom and a dad with congestive heart failure...

We are thinking if we are both in that area, they will leave their rental and make a purchase nearby Im excited but still worried about our down payment and if we can get a loan, no idea how much you need nowadays..

Hope everyone is well..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 06:20 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
Oobie, it's nice to see you again and get an update on your life. I'm sorry about your pay cut. I think a lot of people are experiencing pay cuts in this economy, but find consolation in the fact that they still have a job. I wish you well as you search for your home search.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:31 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
Hey Oobie!
Sorry too about the belt tightening! That is no fun!
That is pretty cool that you and your sister and family all live in the same area, especially when it comes time to check in on your parents. I'm sure they appreciate having the two of you around, plus being able to share some of that with your sister is a blessing!
I know you weren't happy in the apartment complex that you were in. Did you relocate from there? If so, that is good news!

When the kids start pre-school that I'm sure is a mixed blessing. It will be heart tugging seeing them off, but you will have some free time, which I'm sure will help too.

I hope you are enjoying your summer!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area