Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 10:10 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,950,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I was a little underwhelmed by the Columbia both times I have been there. I would say the food was decent, but the service was nearly incompetent.

The Crab and Fin is a much more impressive place, in my opinion, and they do a seafood tower that is easily worth the price. Three people can share the small one comfortably for I think $40, and it has some magnificent crab on it, both snow crab (claws and legs) and kind crab on it.

It might seem extravagant, but it's not a bad value.

Plus, it's a nicer restaurant and the service is better, in my opinion.

Also, although it is a little less central, Cork is very good. It's a nice place to sit and have a glass of wine (they even do a sparkling rose by the glass), and the food is really great and won't break the bank. The service is great, too, very nice and attentive. It's a good atmosphere.

Cork & The Bottleshop - St. Armands Circle, Sarasota, Florida
Can't believe I left that one off the list (The Cork). I'm good friends with the owner and yes they do have great food, Sorry Jeff!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area