Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2010, 08:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,649 times

Advertisements

Hello all!

I am moving with my teenage daughter and she is finishing her last year of high school in Florida. From reading the forums, I have decided that Sarasota is a better choice for us than Bradenton. We are going to rent a 2 bedroom apartment and Beneva Place seems the best price with the most amenities. HOWEVER, reading these forums, I saw there are some bad areas of Sarasota; Is Beneva Apts. one of those areas? How would the school be for her?

The address is
3451 Queens Street Sarasota, FL 34231

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated. We will be moving in June when the school year ends here in cold, cold NH!

Thanks, Anne
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 06:38 AM

913 posts, read 2,362,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAwayFromWinter10 View Post
Hello all!

I am moving with my teenage daughter and she is finishing her last year of high school in Florida. From reading the forums, I have decided that Sarasota is a better choice for us than Bradenton. We are going to rent a 2 bedroom apartment and Beneva Place seems the best price with the most amenities. HOWEVER, reading these forums, I saw there are some bad areas of Sarasota; Is Beneva Apts. one of those areas? How would the school be for her?

The address is
3451 Queens Street Sarasota, FL 34231

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated. We will be moving in June when the school year ends here in cold, cold NH!

Thanks, Anne
I don't know that complex, but it seems to be a good area. One of the reqiurments we had when we purchased is that it be south of Bee Ridge.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:40 AM

84 posts, read 203,037 times
When we moved away 1.5 yrs ago that area was in a good location

Old 04-30-2010, 07:29 AM

1 posts, read 3,468 times
I grew up around that area and actually just moved into Beneva Place. Her school would be Riverview High, which is also my High School, I would recommend it. New building and overall the most professional of all the Sarasota school, plus it has the IB program for those over-achievers. SCTI will also be available to her, which will offer her the chance to get a certificate in something while still in high school (I just got my certification to be a Vet. Assistant.)

Beneva Place seems like a wonderful place to live and is in a decent area. Very close to the mall, beach, and grocery stores. Hurry though! Beneva Place is almost full, I'm not sure if they even have any rooms left...

Old 05-04-2010, 07:36 PM

475 posts, read 900,708 times
I researched Beneva Place myself and found that they are full and don't have an upcoming opening in the near future. I am moving to the area with 2 teenagers myself and that was my top choice.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:23 AM

14 posts, read 44,376 times
the best thing about Beneva place is that it's owned by equity apartments, since they have locations all around the country they allow you to resume the duration of your contract else where if you have to relocate without paying any high penalties like 2-3 months of rent. It's a decent place, not the best but for a decent price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area