Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2010, 12:23 PM

204 posts, read 601,576 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Looking for a little holiday advice - we have family coming in for Fourth of July and we'd like to do something special and at the same time take them to see one of the fireworks displays in/around Sarasota. In the past we've gone to see the show at Island Park near Marina Jack (can be crazy crowded).

This time around, a couple of the attendees will be elderly and in very poor health, so we are looking to rent a nice hotel room/suite with a balcony where we can watch one of the shows. As far as I know, there are a few big displays that go off on Siesta, Longboat, etc, but we don't know where there are buildings with a view.

This is a pretty rare trip, so we can go all out- probably somewhere with good room service since transportation will be tough. Any resort suggestions? Hotels? Private rentals? (though that probably kills the dining-in idea)

We thought about the Ritz Carlton Sarasota, but I've been there for corporate events recently, and it's taken a decidedly more commercial/aggressive turn (got accosted in the lobby offering various hotel/spa services, the fellow wouldn't back off, and customer service was just "off" across the board) ... hoping for other ideas.

Thanks!

HHH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 03:06 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,261,330 times
Lido Beach Resort is nice, but I'd book soon. They can be very busy that time of year, especially if you want a view. Im not quite sure how much the rooms are, but it's one or two buildings north of the Ritz. They have decent room service, a really nice pool area with a bar. It's neat to have an ocean view when your swimming..

Old 04-25-2010, 03:56 PM

Thanks Oobie. Does the Lido Beach resort have a view of the Island Park fireworks? Or is there another show (could have sworn I saw a show on the north end of Siesta in the distance one year)

Appreciate the info...

HHH

Old 04-25-2010, 05:21 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,261,330 times
Quite honestly, Im not sure about what shows are visible, if any from that spot. I saw you mentioned Ritz, but maybe Im thinking of another Ritz in Sarasota (the one by Lido Beach??). I wish I could be more helpful but we usually go to Palmetto for the fireworks.I have some friends that stay at Lido beach for the 4th, we've visited during the day. I'll find out what they usually do for the fireworks and get back to you!

Old 04-25-2010, 11:47 PM

Thanks much!

Old 04-28-2010, 08:02 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,137,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryHelmhazzard View Post
Thanks Oobie. Does the Lido Beach resort have a view of the Island Park fireworks? Or is there another show (could have sworn I saw a show on the north end of Siesta in the distance one year)

Appreciate the info...

HHH
Lido Beach Resort is on Lido Key. The big fireworks display is over the bay by Marina Jacks.

If you want to see the display without having to deal with the crowds, a rental on Palm Avenue between Main, Ringling & Mound would be ideal. You'd want to be no lower than 14th floor with the balcony facing Sarasota Bay.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:45 AM

Thanks LWaF

HHH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area