Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 05:39 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times

Advertisements

I've been stuck in Atlanta all week with the weather ... so let me get this straight: The Savannah "EXTREME MAKEOVER" episode airs this Sunday night? The 16th? And I can pay $$ to go sit in the Lucas Theater and WATCH IT with other people? Rather than just sit home and watch it for FREE? My gawd ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 11:29 AM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I had not heard this. I think maybe the homeowners are fundraising for Ronald McDonald House?

Old 01-15-2011, 06:06 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,101,409 times
I'll be glad when it's over.....

Old 01-16-2011, 07:26 PM

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! Didn't think it was possble but that house is UGLIER on the inside than it is on the outside! It looked like Paula Deen threw up in there. That poor family. It's not like they can repaint it or anything!!!

Old 01-16-2011, 10:03 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,101,409 times
It should be noted that only national sponsors received any recognition tonight, except for JT Turner construction. South University's large scholarship grant didn't earn them any placement at the end of the show. The donated ring didn't earn that jeweler any mention as well. Ty & his merry band of hucksters basically fleeced this city.

So it seems that all the hard work put in by local businesses and volunteers was for naught. Beaufort County...are you paying attention!!??

Old 01-17-2011, 07:27 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! Didn't think it was possble but that house is UGLIER on the inside than it is on the outside! It looked like Paula Deen threw up in there. That poor family. It's not like they can repaint it or anything!!!
Oh my, you are so right! I just looked at some of the photos in the paper. I can understand overdoing the kid's rooms, that's appropriate. But the bricks, wall paper, and bedspread in the master bedroom are nearly nauseating the way everything in there seems to conflict with everything else. The same thing is going on in the kitchen and hallway. There's not a drop of good taste or proper design in any of the color schemes, combination of surfaces, good proportion or scale - ANYTHING. It's not like design is something that people are taught to do because there are theories behind what makes something look good vs. bad... LOL

I'd be so embarrassed to say I worked for any company who contributed to that mess.

Maybe it's a blessing that the locals didn't get their name attached to the end result?

Old 01-17-2011, 12:22 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,610,204 times
Also anybody notice this wasn't aired in high def?

Old 01-17-2011, 05:15 PM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Well, I did enjoy seeing the nice family, and I am happy they have a house that is paid off, warm and dry. The show may have failings, but they were very well coordinated as far as the logistics of the building process.
I agree, the house is all pretty ugly, but as the hubub winds down, they can redecorate.
As I said in another post, they may do another house in Savannah, so live and learn. Hopefully, Savannah will demand more from the big TV money next time. But if we wise up, they may just move on to another new town which is just as innocent as Savannah was.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:54 PM

8,071 posts, read 4,747,652 times
While I understood the concept of decorating certain rooms to "visually stimulate" the baby, they did not have to do the entire house that way. Yeek. I feel bad for the little boy, who went from sleeping on an old couch to sleeping on a Murphy bed. They had room in his bedroom for an overblown video game console, tons of skateboard stuff...but no proper bed! And all those weird prints and lighting will give him indigestion (or nightmares) as he tries to sleep. God forbid he tries to do homework in there.

Once again a home project seemed to be all about the designers' whims, and not about the people who have to live in the place for the next twenty years.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:28 PM

so did yall see the house they built in Beaufort? It was beautiful and totally in keeping with the neighborhood! makes the one JT Turner built here look all the more ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: