Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 12:12 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,165,723 times

Advertisements

Savannah No. 12 for best burgers in U.S.
Atlanta Business Chronicle by Jacques Couret, Senior Online Editor

Date: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:39am EDT
Related:

Retailing & Restaurants, Travel
With apologies to Atlanta burger-centric restaurants The Vortex, Yeah! Burger and Farm Burger, Savannah, Ga., apparently has the best burgers in the state and among the best in the nation.
That’s according to Travel + Leisure’s 2012 America’s Best Burger Cities rankings, which does not include Atlanta and ranks Savannah No. 12.
The magazine said of Savannah:
“These southerners (sic) embrace their quirky side: at the popular Green Truck Pub, you can order the Trailer Park, a grass-fed, one-third-pound patty topped with bacon and pimento cheese. Work up an appetite (or walk off your Trailer Park) by strolling the charming, peaceful city: it won the survey for its outdoor spaces and ranked near the top for its cool antique shops and indie boutiques.”
Savannah No. 12 for best burgers in U.S. - Atlanta Business Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 01:35 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
This is the first time that I have ever heard The Green Truck Pub mentioned. I wonder how the reviewer happened to eat there.

Amazing!!!

Old 07-01-2012, 06:09 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
This is the first time that I have ever heard The Green Truck Pub mentioned. I wonder how the reviewer happened to eat there.

Amazing!!!
The Green Truck is the kind of place you would have heard about if you spent time or had friends who spend time downtown/Ardsley park, or of you read the restaurant reviews in the SMN or Connect. It really is that good.

It's not a secret, honestly.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
Savannah No. 12 for best burgers in U.S.
Atlanta Business Chronicle by Jacques Couret, Senior Online Editor

Date: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:39am EDT
Related:

Retailing & Restaurants, Travel
With apologies to Atlanta burger-centric restaurants The Vortex, Yeah! Burger and Farm Burger, Savannah, Ga., apparently has the best burgers in the state and among the best in the nation.
That’s according to Travel + Leisure’s 2012 America’s Best Burger Cities rankings, which does not include Atlanta and ranks Savannah No. 12.
The magazine said of Savannah:
“These southerners (sic) embrace their quirky side: at the popular Green Truck Pub, you can order the Trailer Park, a grass-fed, one-third-pound patty topped with bacon and pimento cheese. Work up an appetite (or walk off your Trailer Park) by strolling the charming, peaceful city: it won the survey for its outdoor spaces and ranked near the top for its cool antique shops and indie boutiques.”
Savannah No. 12 for best burgers in U.S. - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Before we start arguing over whether or not this is true, has anyone else wondered if these city reviews are being written by someone who is receiving bribes or special favors? We simply do not have the variety of eateries that larger cities like Atlanta have.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:23 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
We'll have to try it! We're due a time out and I LOVE good hamburgers.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:30 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
Well I guess now I'm definitely going to have to try this Green Truck place; not really in my neck of the woods and Habersham north of VD is a mostly forgotten street to me.

I'm just glad this article didn't automatically cite B&D Burgers -- who claim to have the best in town and among the top in the nation, but I don't get it. Never been impressed by B&D. They aren't bad -- just not all that great. Nor cheap!

Old 07-02-2012, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
We'll have to try it! We're due a time out and I LOVE good hamburgers.
Call to make a reservation. It's a small place and fills up most evenings.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:22 AM

1,531 posts, read 3,100,847 times
Crystal Beer Parlor & Exchange Tavern have better burgers. Really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: