Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 11:30 AM

3 posts, read 5,676 times

Advertisements

I have been married for 8 years to a man that I thought was wonderful. 5 years ago while living in South Carolina my husband lost his job and could not hold down a job more than 3 month out of a year, while I worked everyday paid the rent, utilities, brought the grocerys, even got us both a car.( after moving to Savannah he stopped paying for my car it got reprossed). I lost my job in 2011 my husband talked me into cashing in my 401k and move to Savannah where he promised he would get a job which he did and take care of us. The job he got only pays 11.50 a hour it's not enough to cover the rent or pay the bills in fact this week I have not had a meal becuse his payday is not untill friday and what ever food we had in the house to eat he ate it. Last year I found out that I have COPD I have been in the hospital 3 times so far, and each time that I was hospitalized he never came to visit me he would call and say when are you getting out so he could pick me up. Anyway everyday he says to me " I HATE YOU' or I WISH YOU GO TO HELL' YOUR A BIT__H!. I'm not allowed to go to the store ( he says I take to long in getting ready or I waste money). As I sit here the last time I went some where was December 27, 2012 I had a doctors appointment. Today he cancled our medical insurance and said to me since he does not use it he was no longer going to pay for it. My prescriptions cost between $200.00-250.00 each and I have 3 different prescriptions that I need every month. Best of all he says I don't want to be married to you anymore ( really). Since being with this man I do not have any friends or family no one to call or help me, I'm not a kid.. I'm a very smart women but my spirit has been crushed. I have to get out of this I know if I stay I will get hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 12:09 PM

6 posts, read 9,730 times
You need to call the police, or the women's shelter. One in Savannah is called SAFE shelter and they have a 24-Hour Crisis Line: (912) 629-8888. Call when he's not around and tell them you need help. They can help you. Don't let another human being break your spirit. Call, get yourself into a safer location with their help. Focus on you and recovery and finding your own self worth. I've been there, and it gets better.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:09 PM

3 posts, read 5,676 times
Unhappy Need Help

Thank you for the name and number I will call them tomorrow while he is at work. I do not have any kids so I hope they will still be able to help me. I'm also looking for employment so I can save up some monsy to get on my feet.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:15 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,533,081 times
I hope you get out of there
I dont even like him and I dont even know him
Dont let him ruin your spirit
I cant relate but I do know what he is doing is of the wrong manner
GEt Out Of THere, and "I hope they get him!"

Old 03-01-2013, 07:17 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,706,316 times
Default Just curious

OP
Just intrested and curious as to why one would come to a forum board that focuses on subjects such as relocations, things to do, places to eat and all the rest.....and ask for help on matter as important and serious such as yours. I see that you have not posted more than 3 times so maybe you are not aware of the many sites on the net that prolly you would get a greater response.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:57 AM

87 posts, read 183,626 times
Let's see how many fall for this story.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:02 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcollectingdust View Post
What do you mean "fall for this story?" It's not so hard to believe that someone at the end of their ropes in life would be so lost and confused as to turn to any place seeking help -- even a forum as seemingly odd as this one. Even so, a lot of people post many obscure questions, comments and topics under these community boards. If there was any reason to think this was some sort of scam -- and I can't imagine how it could be -- if this story helps just one person in a positive way, so be it.

OR MAYBE YOU'RE THIS WOMAN'S HUSBAND?!?!?!

Old 03-02-2013, 02:15 PM

666 posts, read 1,291,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisamarie1959 View Post
I have been married for 8 years to a man that I thought was wonderful. 5 years ago while living in South Carolina my husband lost his job and could not hold down a job more than 3 month out of a year, while I worked everyday paid the rent, utilities, brought the grocerys, even got us both a car.( after moving to Savannah he stopped paying for my car it got reprossed). I lost my job in 2011 my husband talked me into cashing in my 401k and move to Savannah where he promised he would get a job which he did and take care of us. The job he got only pays 11.50 a hour it's not enough to cover the rent or pay the bills in fact this week I have not had a meal becuse his payday is not untill friday and what ever food we had in the house to eat he ate it. Last year I found out that I have COPD I have been in the hospital 3 times so far, and each time that I was hospitalized he never came to visit me he would call and say when are you getting out so he could pick me up. Anyway everyday he says to me " I HATE YOU' or I WISH YOU GO TO HELL' YOUR A BIT__H!. I'm not allowed to go to the store ( he says I take to long in getting ready or I waste money). As I sit here the last time I went some where was December 27, 2012 I had a doctors appointment. Today he cancled our medical insurance and said to me since he does not use it he was no longer going to pay for it. My prescriptions cost between $200.00-250.00 each and I have 3 different prescriptions that I need every month. Best of all he says I don't want to be married to you anymore ( really). Since being with this man I do not have any friends or family no one to call or help me, I'm not a kid.. I'm a very smart women but my spirit has been crushed. I have to get out of this I know if I stay I will get hurt.
This is really sad and yet it is becoming too common. Humans are becoming so emotionally unstable, a person can change from being lovely and sweet to cruel and abusive and one think "how could this happen, when did things change"... That is one of the many reasons why I don't and won't marry. Anyway, I suggest you try to see how you can get back with your family, if not seek some professional assistance, like a psychologist of marriage and see how you can leave that environment because it could not take long before be abuses you physically and sexually. If he wants the divorce, I suggest you divorce because you won't be happy and that could affect your health.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:17 PM

666 posts, read 1,291,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
What do you mean "fall for this story?" It's not so hard to believe that someone at the end of their ropes in life would be so lost and confused as to turn to any place seeking help -- even a forum as seemingly odd as this one. Even so, a lot of people post many obscure questions, comments and topics under these community boards. If there was any reason to think this was some sort of scam -- and I can't imagine how it could be -- if this story helps just one person in a positive way, so be it.

OR MAYBE YOU'RE THIS WOMAN'S HUSBAND?!?!?!
Maybe...

Old 03-02-2013, 03:01 PM

165 posts, read 115,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcollectingdust View Post
Agreed. If this individual is as smart as they claim wouldn't they have googled "women's shelters in Savannah" instead of venturing to a relocation site?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area