Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 05:19 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times

Advertisements

Well, the "sMall" has hit the big time, beating out Athens and several Atlanta metro area shopping malls.

The 10 Worst Malls in Georgia - GAFollowers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 05:30 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,932,785 times
LOL! Thank god neither of Savannah's malls were on the list. We must be doing pretty good!

Old 07-10-2014, 07:52 PM

2,508 posts, read 1,849,221 times
Looks like it was written by an angry student who left GSU because Statesboro has "too little" to offer. I've actually met quite a few people from Atlanta who've said that. The 2nd picture on a Google search for "Statesboro Mall" gives you JC Penny. Was that pic not up to quality for his "sophisticated" tastes?

Old 07-10-2014, 08:57 PM

8,073 posts, read 4,748,872 times
Ironically, I heard Tom Brokaw speak this morning on the radio about bloggers who post these anonymous "lists" online as the last ditch attempt at posting something they think people will read when there's nothing else to talk about. He talked about how they were such burning topics as "Top Ten Men who look like women" or "Top Ten People who look terrible out of make-up," and how the next step will be "Top Ten Online Lists" since they're all so inane and forgettable. Brokaw seemed to be calling out the folks who post the more hurtful things about celebs (think TMZ, Perez Hilton, etc.) but the overall sentiment is true. "List" posts typically are done by ad-supported websites trying to raise their click numbers, not create any sort of genuine conversation.

ITA about the tone of the article seeming to be an ex-GSU student who didn't enjoy his time in Statesboro. It reads like someone who just wanted to say something mean about the sMall and fashioned the rest of the list around it. If being small and uneventful puts you in a higher place than malls that are actually unsafe, unprofitable, or otherwise in their death throes, then the author obviously does not understand his/her own criteria for "worst".

Old 07-10-2014, 09:51 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,847,050 times
Quote:
“It’s your typical mall. It’s where we all hang out. It’s been there all our lives. It’s old, got the same old same stores and it’s nothing impressive. But it’s a teen hangout since it’s the only mall around.”
Typical mall backlash.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:46 PM

I was at Savannah Mall today, and if that's the not on the Top 10 Worst Mall List, we're doing pretty good. It was surprisingly busy.

//www.city-data.com/forum/savan...-savannah.html

Old 07-11-2014, 06:05 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
Look, I'm not the one who's been running down your little mall in numerous threads here. This is an ongoing pattern.

Besides, it's meant to be humorous. Mall shopping is an essentially decadent, useless economic engine that prompts people to buy things they don't need. The fact we have a teenage "mall culture" to look back on doesn't really say much about where the youth of our society have been wasting their time in the past 30 odd years.

I'm not too sure about you grown ups who spend so much time there either.

Last edited by ellie; 07-11-2014 at 06:41 AM..

Old 07-11-2014, 08:31 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,098,982 times
I was kinda shocked by the size of Statesboro Mall. The only store I went into was Bi-Lo. A decent grocery store as far as I'm concerned. I thought it was gonna be an enclosed mall, but it seemd just like more of a strip mall. I am curious about Belk's and seeing what kind of clothing they carry.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:01 PM

Statesboro Mall, Dublin Mall, Tifton Mall, Milledgeville Mall and Waycross Mall (clever names, huh?) were all built and developed by the same company, and all pretty much have the same footprint / stores: Belk, JCPenny and maybe a Sears. Blah, boring and bland.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:25 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,976,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Statesboro Mall, Dublin Mall, Tifton Mall, Milledgeville Mall and Waycross Mall (clever names, huh?) were all built and developed by the same company, and all pretty much have the same footprint / stores: Belk, JCPenny and maybe a Sears. Blah, boring and bland.
THESE were the malls I thought were going to be listed on here. (exception of Statesboro and Milledgeville of course since they're listed)

I agree with Daniel about the poster's intentions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area