Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Enmark or Parker's in Savannah?
Enmark 5 38.46%
Parker's 7 53.85%
Neither / Other 0 0%
No opinion 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 12:48 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,911,741 times

Advertisements

Here in Savannah, we are fortunate to have two outstanding locally based gas / convenience store chains -- Parker's and Enmarket (formally Enmark). Which do you prefer? Parker's has always had the better food options, but the new Enmarket stores are excellent as well and now offer many of the same "gourmet" options IMO. The main thing, or course, are prices and service. They both excell in that regard; but I'm not paid enough to attention of late to notice who has the better gas prices.

Thoughts? Questions? Comments? Complaints?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 01:18 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,918,476 times
I think Parkers is a very high quality place, and I know folks like the food at the one downtown, but Enmark is right near my house, and the few times I have gone inside, it seemed clean and nice also. I think they carry casseroles from Miss Sophie's which are probably good. I don't go to a gas station for food, so it kinda doesn't matter... whose ever gas is cheaper.

Old 05-14-2016, 01:24 PM

Oh! I forgot the whole reason why I was inspired to start this thread:

Parker's works to keep Georgia beautiful

Enmarket goes full service for leukemia, lymphoma | BiS | Business in Savannah News

Old 05-14-2016, 04:14 PM

98 posts, read 205,107 times
While both chains are sufficient enough for me, I find that both Parkers (except the "fancy" Parkers downtown) and EnMarket are behind some of the other regional gas/convenience chains such as QT, wawa, racetrac that are not in Savannah. I would love it if QT were in town...

Old 05-16-2016, 06:14 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,274,864 times
'fancy' Parker's is the best! Hehe I love that name. Parker's is my fav. Clean, good stuff, crunchy ice!, close to the best gas price, and Parker donates to lots of local civic groups. Did not know enmarket was involved as well. News that is nice to know.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:59 AM

643 posts, read 845,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuk1219 View Post
While both chains are sufficient enough for me, I find that both Parkers (except the "fancy" Parkers downtown) and EnMarket are behind some of the other regional gas/convenience chains such as QT, wawa, racetrac that are not in Savannah. I would love it if QT were in town...
Oh man. I remember it was like 5 years ago when I was driving to Atlanta. I stopped by Locust Grove and entered the newly built QuickTrip for the first time. It was such a great experience I didn't want to leave. I also make sure to stop at that location every time coming back home and going to Atlanta.

Enmark and Parkers for the most part are underwhelming.

The Parkers on President near Savannah High is convenient as I can just get some grub there while on my way to work in the morning. Their breakfast prices are probably better than any fast food breakfast.

Enmark though looks nice but their food leaves a lot to be desired.

Even with their new renovations I haven't been too much impressed. They really just threw some fancy new wallpaper and tiles and called it a day. Their selection offering other than some hot foods aren't that much better.

QT has literally tons of options for me, and I hope they make their way into the Savannah market sometime soon. Really downtown Parkers' is great, but after going to QT a few times it's not even in the same neighborhood.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:08 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,274,864 times
competition is always good! I haven't been in a QT. Where are they from? I think I remember seeing one...on Jekyll? Or was it Hilton Head. Can't remember.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:17 AM

643 posts, read 845,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahLife View Post
competition is always good! I haven't been in a QT. Where are they from? I think I remember seeing one...on Jekyll? Or was it Hilton Head. Can't remember.
Might have been Hilton Head. Don't think it would be Jekyll. You also might have seen the Kangaroo convenience store. There's a few in Bluffton and HHI. Similar colors to QT, and I know they have a Kangaroo location on the way to Jekyll.

I don't know where they're based out of, but there's plenty of them in the Atlanta area. I don't recall seeing one in Macon.

I haven't been to enough QT's to know if their store formats are pretty much identical everywhere, or if they are special depending on the location (like Parkers downtown and Richmond Hill vs. regular Parkers).

The only three I've been to on the top of my head were the Locust Grove location, and the two in Doraville/Buford Highway.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
Might have been Hilton Head. Don't think it would be Jekyll. You also might have seen the Kangaroo convenience store. There's a few in Bluffton and HHI. Similar colors to QT, and I know they have a Kangaroo location on the way to Jekyll.

I don't know where they're based out of, but there's plenty of them in the Atlanta area. I don't recall seeing one in Macon.

I haven't been to enough QT's to know if their store formats are pretty much identical everywhere, or if they are special depending on the location (like Parkers downtown and Richmond Hill vs. regular Parkers).

The only three I've been to on the top of my head were the Locust Grove location, and the two in Doraville/Buford Highway.
Based in Tulsa, OK. According to Wikipedia, they are only in larger Southern metros. The nearest are in Atlanta Greenville-Spartanbug and Charlotte. None in Florida. QT stores are very similar to Atlanta-based Race-Trac, which is more widespread and might explain the confusion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuikTrip

http://www.quiktrip.com

Old 05-17-2016, 09:20 AM

202 posts, read 231,150 times
I use the QT at I-85 and Chamblee-Tucker in Atlanta. No one can hold a candle to them, either for tasty food or gasoline prices. I started researching them for investment, but got stopped short. They are a closely-held family business. Their pizza is delicious, as well as sausages and hot dogs. When my Mother visits from Florida, she always wants QT pizza. RaceTrac stores here are 3rd tier in my estimation. When I'm in Savannah, I tend not to buy food at convenience stores. I've purchased gasoline at the Skidaway ElCheapo. The people there are nice. On Tybee, I buy from Chu's. On Wilmington, I've purchased from BP. None of this gas has ruined my engine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area