Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2016, 11:21 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,711,118 times

Advertisements

I have been working lately a few blocks away from the Desoto Hotel. When I passed by one day last week I saw while in traffic "Desoto Grill and Bar" that was at mezzaine level and an outdoor section. Hard to figure out while driving but looked kinda nice. Anybody been there or to the Desoto? Good for business convo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 12:30 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,938,780 times
I'm not familar with the DeSoto Bar and Grill. Assuming you're talking about that raised area facing Liberty at the corner with Drayton? Just last the motor entrance / valet stand? I think that's always been the location of the lobby bar and restaurant. Perhaps they've rebranded it, which would be smart considering all the competiton and the fact tha stretch of Liberty is quite lovely.

The DeSoto is really nice inside, especially the guest rooms. You wouldn't know it from the exterior which is so ugly. I'm surprised they haven't remodeled the facade. It's way overdue.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:10 PM

Yes I'm working at Drayton and McDonaugh so when I leave I turn left on Liberty and that's where I spotted a possibility for my next watering hole. lol

Old 05-30-2016, 01:16 PM

Speaking of Watering holes the bar at 1790 is really nice. Half the seats at the bar are taken by same ole same ole clique...each knows each other. I went there with one of them. Certainly don't go there if you're with someone you don't want to go public. Savannah, small town but BIG mouth.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:20 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,938,780 times
1790 is a great bar! Also, the "Original" at Pinkie Masters is so much better than, well, the original! Same clientele, atmosphere, crazy characters, strong drinks, colorful local conversations -- without all the dirt, dust, grime and angst of the old place.

My new favorite happy hour place is THE ORDINARY on Broughton (downstairs beneath Urban Outfitters). 4-7 pm daily. $4 double well drinks (yes you read that right) and half price on their "pub grub" small plates menu. Amazing food! Amazing drinks! Great atmosphere! I would not hesitate to take someone there for a biz confab; lots of tables tucked into nooks and crannies for privacy if need be.

Old 05-30-2016, 03:08 PM

23,467 posts, read 44,121,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
Speaking of Watering holes the bar at 1790 is really nice. Half the seats at the bar are taken by same ole same ole clique...each knows each other. I went there with one of them. Certainly don't go there if you're with someone you don't want to go public. Savannah, small town but BIG mouth.
LOL pc, who are you squiring around that you don't want anyone to see?

Old 05-30-2016, 06:00 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
I love that bar. Sometimes, they have really good nibbles for happy hour. I heard that it is the longest operating bar in Savannah, but don't know if it is true.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
LOL pc, who are you squiring around that you don't want anyone to see?

Or read about here. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area