Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2019, 09:38 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,707,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Survivor View Post
I wonder how much interest there will be. The housing development flopped. I think Hutchinson would be an awesome devlopment but somebody needs a ton of up front money to build enough and get a little commercial grocery locked in to get people interested. It is just so far removed from any store it makes it impractical to live there. Hopefully, the Westin and Convention Center expansions as well as the other hotel will spur some growth. Then maybe the city will build the fire/police station and put the boat back in operation.

Right on. Play golf. Hotel. Yes. All else kinda like Gillian's Island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 11:40 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,168,045 times
New renderings of the revised plans for 415 East Oglethorpe. This residential project will consist of two buildings, one 5-story building featuring 78 units and a 4-story building featuring 64 units
BRYSON READ BUILDING
Bryson Read Building-Savannah by brandon walker, on Flickr

Plus color renderings of 110 and 111 Ann St.
111 ANN
111 Ann-Savannah by brandon walker, on Flickr

111 Ann-Savannah by brandon walker, on Flickr

110 ANN
110 Ann-Savannah by brandon walker, on Flickr

Old 04-20-2019, 06:47 AM

Some good updates in the 23 April agenda for the planning commission. A new mixed-use apartment building is coming to Bull St and new renderings of the redevelopment of the old Catholic Diocese complex on East Liberty. First up is the new apartment building at 1512 Bull St. It will consist of 81 units in a four story building, with 7,500 sf of ground floor retail space.
1512 BULL ST
1512 BullSt-Savannah by brandon walker, on Flickr

Finally, we have some renderings of the redevelopment of the Catholic Diocese Complex on East Liberty St. The project is being done by a developer out of DC. It will feature 207 apartments in a new 5-story building, with the former diocese building being renovated as well.

601 EAST LIBERTY ST
601 East Liberty-Savannah by brandon walker, on Flickr

Old 04-23-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
The city’s plan to sell some downtown properties and return them to the tax rolls made some progress Tuesday, when a potential buyer’s plans for one site just outside the Historic District was approved by the Metropolitan Planning Commission.

Standard Southeast LLC is planning to build a five-story apartment complex with commercial space at the site on the southeast corner of Liberty Street and East Broad Street, in addition to renovating the existing city-owned building located on the property.

The complex includes 206 apartments, which include studios, one-bedroom and two-bedroom units. In addition, there will be 216 on-site parking spaces, with another 13 spaces provided offsite.
https://www.savannahnow.com/news/201...orward-tuesday

Old 04-25-2019, 10:22 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,276,681 times
I feel like a lot of stuff these days has this look: the overhang decoration stuff they always put on the roof these days. I see it in other cities too. I guess it's a trend. Want to innovate, be like Perry Ln hotel. use new bricks, or if renovating reveal old bricks. Bricks age in a cool way. But the rooftop patios are a great idea, like Perry Ln - it would be cool to see more roof top bars!! And best of all, have trees and grass on the roof. One of them above has it and looks amazing. Imagine live oaks on roof tops, or other native trees. Pretty cool thought! I have seen this... in Vancouver the whole city is practically covered in giant firs, and it's pretty cool!

Old 04-28-2019, 08:10 PM

I was in Savannah on Friday and snapped some photos of ongoing projects. Eastern Wharf is really making some great progress. I also saw fencing up around the sites for Starland Village and the new SCAD dorms in Bingville, so I'm guessing those two projects may be beginning soon.

EASTERN WHARF-04/26/19
Savannah by brandon walker, on Flickr

PLANT RIVERSIDE DISTRICT-04/26/19

THE BAXLEY-04/26/19

NEW FOOD HALL IN STARLAND DISTRICT-04/26/19

THE BOWERY II-04/26/19

I honestly thought this project had fallen through, so I was glad to see it underway. It will certainly be a unique building. It will feature 6 apartments on the upper 3 floors and ground floor retail space.
501 Montgomery-Savannah by brandon walker, on Flickr

501 Montgomery-Savannah by brandon walker, on Flickr

501 MONTGOMERY-04/26/19

RANDOM INFILL HOUSING IN THE VICTORIAN DISTRICT-04/26/19

Old 04-29-2019, 10:07 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,276,681 times
wow great photos! The Kessler project (and all of his, really) is like the gold standard, really great work and I think it will be lucrative for his company and the community and make a cool atmosphere down there.

Old 05-03-2019, 10:07 AM

A developers plans for senior housing in Hudson Hill are being held up by the neighborhood association, while the plans for a mixed-income community similar to sustainable fellwood are moving forward. It's nice to see development occuring outside of the historic urban core.

Quote:
Developers are increasingly eyeing areas outside downtown to meet the demand for housing throughout the city.

One neighborhood attracting attention lately is the Hudson Hill community, located west of the West Bay Street viaduct that leads into Savannah’s Historic District.

A development company, Cardinal Capital Management, has recently earned support from residents for one project in the neighborhood, while drawing community opposition against another.

The company’s plan to construct a four-story, 57-unit senior living complex with a one-story medical clinic has been held up after neighborhood residents spoke out against the project during the Savannah City Council meeting on April 11.
https://www.savannahnow.com/news/201...sition-support

Old 05-03-2019, 01:42 PM

74 posts, read 72,658 times
Great pictures - thanks for posting them. I was wondering what was going in at that 501 Montgomery site. I think it looks like a good addition.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:16 AM

It looks like plans for one of the four planned hotels on the east end of River St may be up in the air after the vote of the historic review board...
Quote:
A developer’s revised plan for an eight-story hotel on East River Street was voted down by the Savannah Historic District Board of Review on Wednesday about seven years after the project was first proposed.

The board’s vote against the height and mass petition came after members expressed concerns about the size of the proposed Hilton by North Point Hospitality.

As presented, the 41,000-square-foot building would span 223 feet along the Savannah River in the northeast corner of the Savannah Historic District.

“It looks like that structure overwhelms the site,” said board member Stan Houle.

There were also concerns that new ordinance standards passed since the hotel was first presented in 2012 do not apply to the project.
https://www.savannahnow.com/news/201...eet-hotel-plan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area