Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2017, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 675 times

Advertisements

My husband and I were both raised in very rural areas in the North East (yes, they do exist there) and are looking for a Southern version of the lifestyle we love. We're big into hunting, fishing, all things guns, and would be what you could classify as your typical Conservative "redneck" type. My husband and I will both be working in Savannah and we're looking for an area within 30 miles that we'd like to buy a home in. We do not have children but will be thinking about it in the next few years, totally fine with regional schools or in-town.

Some general info to help:
Our budget for a home is around $200K, preferably looking for acreage and location above house quality as we'd like to do a "fixer upper".
We love having neighbors but don't want them in our laps, space is key.
Don't need much for entertainment, if we need a night out we'll head into the city, so "boring" towns aren't an issue.
Would like easy access to a grocery store, don't need much else for shopping.
A Christian church within driving distance would be a must.

We're overall looking for a conservative community where a young family going hunting and living a traditional lifestyle is welcomed. Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 03:02 PM

50,459 posts, read 64,328,280 times
Georgia is on the whole, very rural, once you get inland. I have not explored that much, but I know a few people who work in Savannah and live on acreage in Metter. You might start there.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:55 PM

13,704 posts, read 21,993,958 times
Effingham County sounds like what you're looking for. Springfield or Rincon. Maybe the Pembroke area of Bryan County.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:07 PM

450 posts, read 465,316 times
Effingham is probably your best bet, try around Springfield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area