Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 09:05 AM

6,479 posts, read 7,197,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Peacock Automotive has announced the addition of a new Maserati and an Alfa Romeo dealership at the Peacock Auto Mall in the Savannah-Hilton Head area.

Peacock Maserati has opened as the first and only dealership in the Savannah, Ga., and Hilton Head, S.C., area to offer the luxurious car-buying experience of the signature Maserati brand. The new 18,000-square-foot dealership will offer a large selection of new and pre-owned Maserati luxury vehicles, including parts and service.

Maserati is recognized as the largest luxury car manufacturer in the world. Headquartered in Modena, Italy, and owned by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Maserati has designed custom, luxury automobiles since 1914. Its vehicles are popular for their blend of luxury and class, as well as for their high-performance standards. The Maserati brand is also well known in the racing world, having participated in various forms of motorsports from Grand Prix to Formula One, sports car racing and touring car racing since the 1920s.
Peacock Automotive Delivers Maserati and Alfa Romeo Luxury to the Lowcountry - Savannah CEO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 02:05 PM

7,125 posts, read 11,739,012 times
^^^I would love to see their demographics they looked at to make this decision.

Old 12-21-2017, 02:06 PM

13,704 posts, read 22,007,587 times
But ... but ... I thought Savannah and Hilton Head / Beaufort were two compeletely DIFFERENT markets with absolutely NO connections whatsoever and nobody EVER went back and forth between the two for work or shopping or the doctor or to catch a plane or ... etc etc etc

Just kidding of course! The automotive industry is just another fine example of how Savannah-Hilton Head functions as one large unified metro market despite what the federal government says.

Old 12-21-2017, 02:08 PM

13,704 posts, read 22,007,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
^^^I would love to see their demographics they looked at to make this decision.
Hilton Head. I have a friend who works for Peacock (formally New River Auto Mall). They have no problem selling Uber-exclusive luxury lines.

Old 12-21-2017, 02:15 PM

4,119 posts, read 6,632,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Hilton Head. I have a friend who works for Peacock (formally New River Auto Mall). They have no problem selling Uber-exclusive luxury lines.
Much more baller money in Hilton Head compared to Savannah...

Old 12-21-2017, 03:00 PM

23,572 posts, read 44,306,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Much more baller money in Hilton Head compared to Savannah...
Irrelevant, really. The closest Maserati dealerships to Savannah are in Atlanta and Orlando. Meanwhile, within a short distance are Charleston, Kiawah, Hilton Head, Skidaway, Richmond Hill, St. Simons, Sea, Amelia Islands and plenty of quiet low-country money. I'd call Savannah a prime target for a dealership.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:25 PM

474 posts, read 592,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Irrelevant, really. The closest Maserati dealerships to Savannah are in Atlanta and Orlando. Meanwhile, within a short distance are Charleston, Kiawah, Hilton Head, Skidaway, Richmond Hill, St. Simons, Sea, Amelia Islands and plenty of quiet low-country money. I'd call Savannah a prime target for a dealership.
There’s a Maserati dealership in the West Ashley section of Charleston.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:38 PM

23,572 posts, read 44,306,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc100890 View Post
There’s a Maserati dealership in the West Ashley section of Charleston.
Oh! Didn't show up on the map I consulted.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mase...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Doesn't show up here, either. But there is one in Jacksonville that I missed.

http://www.maseratilife.com/dealer/u...tes/?p=3&pp=10

Old 12-21-2017, 06:47 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,431,749 times
Quote:
Oh! Didn't show up on the map I consulted.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mase...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Doesn't show up here, either. But there is one in Jacksonville that I missed.

Maserati Dealers, List of Maseati Dealers United States - Maserati Life

The Maserati dealership in Charleston opened in 2008.... under the Baker Motors flag....you do see them quite often around town.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:14 AM

4,119 posts, read 6,632,825 times
Quote:
I have not seen a Ferrari, Lambo, or Maserati in Savannah. Plenty of other luxury type cars and SUV's to well off working professionals. Hilton Head has a different economic class than Savannah aka baller money. Working little rich people aka like my friend who is a Anesthesiologist can afford a Maserati but it isn't in the budget, while you have a retired multi millionaire who lives in Hilton Head who will buy one. We just don't have a whole lot of that type of money in Savannah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area