Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 07:32 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Fairwinds View Post
If LGBT were there simply because Pence was there, then it sounds like, to me, they were there to start trouble. From Pence going straight to city hall, entered the parade at a certain place, and then left right away, it certainly doesn't sound like he was there to slam or insult anyone. If protesters go where he goes, it sounds like they have the problem.

The LGBT folks say they want people to accept them, but what they really demand is that people approve of their lifestyles. IMO, to each their own but I certainly won't be called names such as rednecked scum because I don't approve. And I live in VT, one of the first to legal same sex marriage.
My dear friend, “to each his own” and “I don’t approve” is an oxymoron at the highest level ... and outrageously hypocritical (especially when used among those on the religious right to justify their hatred of LGBT individuals).

Quote:
No, not even close. I believe people can live how they want, regardless if I approve or not. MY issue was the utter nastiness of this post. For those of us that are not a liberal we are considered rednecked scum. Classy.
Oh the irony! Again ... here is a person who has no qualms about calling persons he disagrees with “snowflakes” showing all the behavioral tendencies of a ... SNOWFLAKE!

And I would never stoop so low as to call another person “redneck scum” when “woefully uninformed” is far more accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 07:35 PM

975 posts, read 1,150,159 times
Who called conservatives "redneck scum" in this thread? I did a search, and couldn't find that.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
LOL. Yes, they have the right to assemble and protest. However, history has proven that most of the time liberals do NOT do so peacefully. They block traffic, trash their own cities and towns, and basically cause a scene. It is a free country and if Pence wanted to join the parade what is the big deal? He DOES have the right to believe they way he believes. But, I forget, if people don't approve of the gay lifestyle, they are wrong and hate filled. Liberals believe what they believe and it's okay; conservatives believe differently and we are wrong.
My dear friend ... throughout the history of this nation, persons have risen up to take a stand against perceived injustices by any means possible, to get their message across and promote social change. Without so-called “liberals” blocking traffic and “causing a scene” ... we’d still have slavery, we’d still have Jim Crowe, neither women nor blacks would have the right to vote, and gay and lesbian people would still be arrested and thrown in jail simply for expressing their love for another human being.

Your talking points are straight off Breitbart, Infowars and the circus clown known as Sean Hannity. Put down the poisoned Kool-Aid and get to know your neighbors (like all these thousands of kids marching in DC) .... and you might discover they are sane, rational, intelligent people who just want our society to PROGRESS positively ... as opposed to REGRESS (go backward) into a dark place of American history.

Old 03-25-2018, 07:35 AM

496 posts, read 467,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
My dear friend ... throughout the history of this nation, persons have risen up to take a stand against perceived injustices by any means possible, to get their message across and promote social change. Without so-called “liberals” blocking traffic and “causing a scene” ... we’d still have slavery, we’d still have Jim Crowe, neither women nor blacks would have the right to vote, and gay and lesbian people would still be arrested and thrown in jail simply for expressing their love for another human being.

Your talking points are straight off Breitbart, Infowars and the circus clown known as Sean Hannity. Put down the poisoned Kool-Aid and get to know your neighbors (like all these thousands of kids marching in DC) .... and you might discover they are sane, rational, intelligent people who just want our society to PROGRESS positively ... as opposed to REGRESS (go backward) into a dark place of American history.
It is NOT an oxymoron when I don't approve of certain behaviors but also recognize their right to be different than me.

No religious right here, I haven't been to a church in years.

Not going to comment on the rest of your drivel. I'm on my way to the hospital to see my mom in the ICU

Old 03-25-2018, 07:38 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalGAGuy View Post
Who called conservatives "redneck scum" in this thread? I did a search, and couldn't find that.
Newsboy, post #17. He was referring to people who supposedly attacked some protesters, which was a super secret cover up, unmentioned by anyone but him, not conservatives in general.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Newsboy, post #17. He was referring to people who supposedly attacked some protesters, which was a super secret cover up, unmentioned by anyone but him, not conservatives in general.
Those “people” physically attacked a friend of mine, sending her to the hospital. The entire incident was caught on camera. A lawyer has been obtained and the police have opened an investigation (see post #50). There is no “supposedly” at play here. It happened, and I reserve the right to call the perpetrators (one of whom was holding a baby) “redneck scum” because that’s exactly what they appeared to be.

You are correct in that I was not applying that term to conservatives in general.

Last edited by Newsboy; 03-25-2018 at 08:31 AM..

Old 03-25-2018, 10:04 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My point is there is a time and place for everything. The LBGT crowd was there for the purpose of confrontation. There are ass holes of every persuasion. Every conservative I know has an accepting attitude of everyone. I feel persecuted by those who label me, but I suck it up. You dont know me at all, so stop twisting what I write to your own agenda.
Interesting how protests against the current administration are labeled as "confrontations" but protests against the previous administration were just "law-abiding Americans exercising their constitutional rights."

Old 03-25-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
LOL. Yes, they have the right to assemble and protest. However, history has proven that most of the time liberals do NOT do so peacefully. They block traffic, trash their own cities and towns, and basically cause a scene.
I can imagine the same being said about Civil Rights demonstrations in the 1960's.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post

Had to rep you for that!

Old 03-27-2018, 09:25 PM

Chatham Emergency Services releases St. Patrick's Day festival response statistics - News - Savannah Morning News - Savannah, GA

In the area of the parade and festival, Chatham Emergency Services safely responded to:

- 168 Total Patient Contacts

- 36 Drug/Overdose Related Calls

- 25 Unconscious Patient Calls

- 2 Strokes

- 1 Cardiac Arrest

- 25 Trauma Calls

- 79 Other Complaints
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area