Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 01:25 PM

5 posts, read 3,969 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are continuing to do research in anticipation of our move to Savannah this summer and are wondering about the differences between Southbridge and Savannah Quarters.

I would love to hear any thoughts (pros and cons, etc). We have a seven-year-old and one-year-old, so we are interested in a community that is family friendly with kid friendly amenities (pool, playground, swim team, etc). Our children will attend private school. We need easy access to the highway for our commutes.

We really appreciate any information you can provide!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 03:42 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I would rather live in Pooler than Savannah. I know Savannah Quarters has an active swim team and it is near the airport and right off Rte 16.
I know folks live happily in Southbridge, and I’m not very familiar with it, but I am happy in Pooler.
I like that we have our own fire and police depts. and do not need to be mired in the swamp of Savannah politics.
Just a small example of what I mean....our trash can was cracked. On a Thursday, I emailed the city website requesting a new one. The next day was trash day, and my old trash can had been replaced with a new one.
If this was Savannah, I’d still be waiting.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:39 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,706,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Not if you give them a cold one in 90 degree temps. He'll call right in front of you and they bring it over in a big ole truck and ask if you're the man with the cold ones.

GA, you need a stronger anecdote in order to encourage someone to buy a 200 K home. LOL

Old 03-28-2018, 06:03 PM

450 posts, read 462,141 times
Definitely Savannah Quarters.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
I would rather live in Pooler than Savannah. I know Savannah Quarters has an active swim team and it is near the airport and right off Rte 16.
I know folks live happily in Southbridge, and I’m not very familiar with it, but I am happy in Pooler.
I like that we have our own fire and police depts. and do not need to be mired in the swamp of Savannah politics.
Just a small example of what I mean....our trash can was cracked. On a Thursday, I emailed the city website requesting a new one. The next day was trash day, and my old trash can had been replaced with a new one.
Very informative - thank you!

Old 03-28-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Survivor View Post
Definitely Savannah Quarters.
May I ask why you would definitely choose Savannah Quarters over Southbridge? They both seem to offer the same amenities, however, we noticed Southbridge seems more established whereas Savannah Quarters is newer.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:12 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
When you say “Southbridge” are you also including Berwick? Though technically attached, those of us in Savannah generally consider them separate. Southbridge is a sprawling golf development of large single family homes and no commercial component, while Berwick is a sprawling mixed-use development with homes and apartments at various price points, plus a large (and very nice) commercial center.

Savannah Quarters is likewise a sprawling (and still growing) mixed-use development with neighborhoods on both sides of Pooler Parkway at I-16 (which provides for easier access to much of the greater Savannah area). The commercial component of Savannah Quarters is really just getting underway, with a new Publix recently opened and a HUGE mixed use retail / hotel / entertainment “town center” still in the planning stages (they’ve cleared the land at the SE corner of I-16 and Pooler Parkway edit). Of course, Savannah Quarters is already close to all the big shopping, dining and entertainment options just up the road in the Godley Station area of Pooler.

You are right in that Southbridge is pretty much built out and not likely to change much in the future, while there is lots of acreage still poised for development in Savannah Quarters.

It’s really six of one and half dozen of the other IMO.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:04 PM

450 posts, read 462,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole6223 View Post
May I ask why you would definitely choose Savannah Quarters over Southbridge? They both seem to offer the same amenities, however, we noticed Southbridge seems more established whereas Savannah Quarters is newer.
As you have stated, Southbridge is more established. Savannah Quarters started much slower and has exploded. The whole cradle to grave thing they are working on is excellent. You will be able to buy your hom, grow your family, downsize to a townhome or smaller property in a 55+ community, then move into a independent living situation and finally into a full blown nursing care facility and never leave the overall Savannah Quarters development. The commercial development will be central to the development which I like better and who knows what municipality Southbridge will end up in.

I like the feel of Savannah Quarters better.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:19 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
Not if you give them a cold one in 90 degree temps. He'll call right in front of you and they bring it over in a big ole truck and ask if you're the man with the cold ones.

GA, you need a stronger anecdote in order to encourage someone to buy a 200 K home. LOL
Ok, how about this one....Three young, handsome Pooler firefighters came to my front door one day, and asked if I would like them to check my smoke alarms. I said sure. Apparently, none of my hardwired alarms had been working, probably since the hurricane. They installed 3 new smoke alarms at no charge. Do they do that in Savannah?

Old 03-29-2018, 05:25 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,706,316 times
Quote:
Ok, how about this one....Three young, handsome Pooler firefighters came to my front door one day, and asked if I would like them to check my smoke alarms. I said sure. Apparently, none of my hardwired alarms had been working, probably since the hurricane. They installed 3 new smoke alarms at no charge. Do they do that in Savannah?

Yes....but the 3 guys then do a home invasion after they "check the alarms". BTW did the fact that they were handsome sway you from asking for ID? Furthermore, why are public employees doing private work, even at no charge? I would certainly hope that's not done in SAV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: