Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 06:07 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,165,723 times

Advertisements

Took a quick trip to Savannah today and got some photos of different projects around the city. All in all nice little trip to Savannah.

Savannah by brandon walker, on Flickr

I'm really amazed at the progress that is being made on 630 Indian Street. They've already cleared away the old building on the site and have started work on the base.

Plant Riverside

Bowery II

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 09:00 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,609,150 times
Nice,

noticed something today driving down white bluff, which is on the southside.

there are two devlopments south of Walmart. One is a Wendy's which is now open & another is going to be a Reily's auto parts store.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:59 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Nice,

noticed something today driving down white bluff, which is on the southside.

there are two devlopments south of Walmart. One is a Wendy's which is now open & another is going to be a Reily's auto parts store.
That Wendy's is in a weird spot ... just saying.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:00 PM

What's that material their applying to the old power plant exterior? Looks like metal plates of some sort. Could you tell? That's new since the last time I was down there.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
What's that material their applying to the old power plant exterior? Looks like metal plates of some sort. Could you tell? That's new since the last time I was down there.
I couldn't tell, but they do look metallic. I must say when Plant Riverside is complete, the entire west end of River St will be completely transformed. I love the changes that are occurring on the westside of town. I do have a question though, with all of the work happening along Indian St, how long will the post office operate there? That's a nice plot of land and I'm sure some developer would love to grab a hold of it.

Old 09-26-2018, 11:33 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,973,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
Took a quick trip to Savannah today and got some photos of different projects around the city. All in all nice little trip to Savannah.

I'm really amazed at the progress that is being made on 630 Indian Street. They've already cleared away the old building on the site and have started work on the base.

Plant Riverside

Bowery II

Was that you driving an old ford van??

Old 09-27-2018, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Was that you driving an old ford van??
No, I drive a Nissan.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:04 AM

474 posts, read 588,125 times
Quote:
Yea, it’s some sort of corrugated metal material. The original panels were a white asbestos composite material. I think it’s only going on the areas that weren’t brick in the original building.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc100890 View Post
Yea, it’s some sort of corrugated metal material. The original panels were a white asbestos composite material. I think it’s only going on the areas that weren’t brick in the original building.
Well that's a lot of area ... the easternmost part of the power plant was steel frame with corrugated metal siding if I recall. They stripped all that away during demolition to reveal the inner bones of the massive space. Can't wait to see the end result.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:00 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,609,150 times
Quote:
Well that's a lot of area ... the easternmost part of the power plant was steel frame with corrugated metal siding if I recall. They stripped all that away during demolition to reveal the inner bones of the massive space. Can't wait to see the end result.
I was in plant riverside a few years ago before it sold. It is steel frame with a cement floors for each level. The walls were concrete block if I remember correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area